Higher Output alternator VS Extra Battery

I guess you the alternator and do the Big 3. Idk what a kind of batt the Die Hard Gold is, but it´s bad to mix lead acid with AGM batt´s.

Didn't even think about that -______- Thanks.

Idk Die Hard, im from Germany, we have no brand Die Hard here.

I've got a DieHard under my hood but it's a Die Hard Platinum and it's a deep cell... idk about Gold though

Gold is Deep Cell.. Idk i just dont want to get stuck some where or have a dead battery when i go to start up for work.

If you go with a Die Hard battery... need to go with a platinum series as it is the best AGM they have.... it's also been stated that a few models are rebadged Odyssey batteries which are hella expensive and great batteries.... I currently have a HC1800 up front and a Die Hard Platinum in the rear group 34 ... I ended up getting a MEchman alt because I felt like I had the money during one of their sales...

To be honest get a good starting battery and install whatever equipment you buy and see how it performs.... after that then you can address any issues you may have

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

If you go with a Die Hard battery... need to go with a platinum series as it is the best AGM they have.... it's also been stated that a few models are rebadged Odyssey batteries which are hella expensive and great batteries.... I currently have a HC1800 up front and a Die Hard Platinum in the rear group 34 ... I ended up getting a MEchman alt because I felt like I had the money during one of their sales...

To be honest get a good starting battery and install whatever equipment you buy and see how it performs.... after that then you can address any issues you may have

I've got a Die Hard Platinum 34 under my hood lol

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

Save your time and money and get a AGM battery. Your alternator is there for charging purposes, while it may carry load even your 145amp alternator (i have the 145 stock running as a master in mine) cant hold that load. I'd think about it this way. Your battery is what starts and runs your car and you're alt's primary design purpose is to recharge the battery. Now, if you upgrade your alternator you risk running heat problems. the 145 amp stock should work pretty well but if you go aftermarket the alts produce too much heat to be reliable all the time. It is possible to overheat the alts and for your computer to shut it down. After this happens without a good battery you are screwed. IMO do that battery right because even if your stock alt decides to fail you can still limp somewhere on the extra power that good AGM has, and you wont end up stranded. But thats just my .02

2006 Silverado Ext. Cab

6-15" SSA ZCONS

4th Order Blow-Through

Pioneer AVH-P4200dvd

American Bass VFL 1100.1 12 volt

6 C&D Batteries

2-350A Singer Alternators and Stock Alt

DC Power Triple Alt Kit

MLA Module

3 Runs of 1/0

2 Sets of Boston Acoustics 6.5 Pro Components

Boston Acoustics 2-channel

Lots of Sound Deadener

....Build still in Progress...

I would definitely go for the alt, although it isnt very big.

How small would this battery be? are you planning on one of those little $100 680's or something?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Save

your time and money and get a AGM battery. Your alternator is there

for charging purposes, while it may carry load even your 145amp

alternator (i have the 145 stock running as a master in mine) cant hold

that load. I'd think about it this way. Your battery is what

starts and runs your car and you're alt's primary design purpose is to

recharge the battery. Now, if you upgrade your alternator you

risk running heat problems. the 145 amp stock should work pretty well

but if you go aftermarket the alts produce too much heat to be reliable

all the time. It is possible to overheat the alts and for your computer

to shut it down. After this happens without a good battery you are

screwed. IMO do that battery right because even if your stock alt

decides to fail you can still limp somewhere on the extra power that

good AGM has, and you wont end up stranded. But thats just my .02

REALLY? lol so nothing runs your car once its started?

and any aftermarket alt worth a damn will have the proper cooling. they wont overheat. that's just silly.

if his car has a stock 105amp alt then anything larger is pure gain. it wont be a useless upgrade because YOUR car has a stock 145amp alt. different cars have different demands for power.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

just what i was told when i did it once

yeah because you did something like "Fi vs Skar". this is an electrical question, for which option would yield him better voltage. you cant nuthug a battery over an alternator, or vice versa. you can nuthug brands.

actually no i did alt or bat and it got deleted

http://www.youtube.c...e1?feature=mheehttp://www.stevemead...87#entry1993187

JVC KD-R530 head unit

VVME INNO-D1500 sub amp

Kenwood KAC-8402 amplifierPioneer 2-way 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohms

DTI Audio 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohmsbox: 4.24 ft^3 tuned to 61 hertz (port walls fell off and dissapeared :( )

Archived