Misc. Sealed off trunk - '01Stratus *Gutted*

Very good example of a sealed off trunk build, I'm brobably going to link this to a few people when telling them about sealing of trunks.

Very good example of a sealed off trunk build, I'm brobably going to link this to a few people when telling them about sealing of trunks.

I also agree with Scott.

THere is always room for improvment.. But, this is a great attempt at a FF trunk.

Seriously, very very very nice job on this. I really enjoyed that.

Did you find the leak, I know you caulked the corner, but was that it?

The only two things I'm not wild about on the build, is how the wires come out of the floor, but I get why they do. And the second is the pre caulk under the amps. Just sticks out to me.

Otherwise, it's a beautiful job, and I enjoyed it, thanks for sharing!

Thanks!!

I have no clue if that was the leak or or not. Raining hella hard here right now. Hopefully the roads are still soaked in the morning so I can tell for sure.

The wires, that was the real only easy way to go about doing it. That's why I kept the 3 1/0 pieces together like that to keep it clean, and then matched it with the 4ga for some symmetry. Glad you realized why I had to do it though ;)

The pre caulk, really ugly, but needed for now until I find a better permanent solution. Helps stop the amp rattle in the mean time.

Again, thanks for looking through my build!

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Dude,..

that is beautiful.. well done on the forward fire, and seal off. For real. That is no joke.

That is a GREAT JOB.

Are you in this SOTM ??? If not, id dig to nom ya?!

anyway,.. great damn work.

Thanks Kyle! Really appreciate you stopping in to take a look! Along with Scott

Not in this SOTM yet, Thanks for the nom! Means a lot!

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Very cool!

Good news and bad news.

I found the leaks.

It soaked the edge of the beauty panel. Expanded he mdf, but didn't ruin it thank goodness.

Those little black tab things are where the water is leaking in. There is one that you can see I pointed too, along with the dried water stream. And there was one behind that metal, and you can see the water stream coming through that metal panel. This picture was from when I first found the problem... to bad I couldn't identify it then.

23c92925-8a4c-4ee8-aa49-7fedd4dfde83_zps

Not exactly sure how to fix it, but once it drys out here I'll putt off the wheel well panels and have a look. Strange that it is only this side that is doing it.

Turnout was awesome man, I'm hoping to get my system up to par with yours one day.

Again, great job!

SMD_zps84fd99a2.jpg
95 Acura Integra - 5-speed
NFG thumb.gif
Pioneer FH-X700BT
(2) Rockford Fosgate 12" P3
AQ1200d
Rockford Fosgate P1652-S 6.5" components
Rockford Fosgate P1572 5x7"
Rockford Fosgate R400.4

95 Integra Build Here
93 EJ2 Build Here

Turnout was awesome man, I'm hoping to get my system up to par with yours one day.

Again, great job!

Ha thanks!

Archived