putting it together/recommend me a video card

Still baffled by the 750w PSU for 350 watts of hardware. But hey, PSU pricing IS ass backwards. Bronze to gold certs are like 150$ difference. 98% of the people could give a fuck less about efficiency lol.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

Always good to have headroom, Sheena.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

I will agree with the head room with a big power supply. You never know what you'll want to do in the future as far as what could become avaliable to you. One thing to invest in its power protection. If you have $1000+ into a machine, invest a little more into that so you don't lose it all one day due to some surge.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Headroom for what? Does the board even support 8x 8x sli/crossfire?

You barely need a 750w for dual 680s.

But okay.

I can see the price thing, but future upgrade? He's already bought a sub $200 card. Don't think performance or anything is on his mind.

@rootxbeer all new power supplies come with all the protections of a $500 one. Plus, none of that shit works, power surge and your mobo still gets fried.

Never seen PSU protection work

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

This is why i hardly comment on these threads. Everyone always tries to force what they want on the person when a good choice has already been made.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

This is why i hardly comment on these threads. Everyone always tries to force what they want on the person when a good choice has already been made.

You don't understand. In the tech world... This is like buying two dc level sixes, putting them in a prefab and running 1500 watts.

Of course I'm going to bitch about it.

Never said what I want him to run, brand or anything.

Can run what he wants, I don't care. But if this was the sub thread or amp thread and someone did something similar, the thread would be 95 pages.

So just being fair.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

If you're looking for power protection and you have money to spare you're better off buying a properly sized UPS than buying a bigger power supply. I dropped $150 when I built my computer for a 1500VA APC battery backup. It's only kicked on twice when we lost power during storms but it's been worth it when I consider the damage my drives and data could have sustained if I didn't have the UPS.

Now if you find a great deal on a bigger, quality power supply and it's the same price as the one you're getting it usually makes sense to buy it. Corsair's CX series isn't their best but they're still quality units. As long as it was on sale for the same price as a similar-quality 500w unit you planned on buying I'd say it was a good buy.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

If you're looking for power protection and you have money to spare you're better off buying a properly sized UPS than buying a bigger power supply. I dropped $150 when I built my computer for a 1500VA APC battery backup. It's only kicked on twice when we lost power during storms but it's been worth it when I consider the damage my drives and data could have sustained if I didn't have the UPS.

Now if you find a great deal on a bigger, quality power supply and it's the same price as the one you're getting it usually makes sense to buy it. Corsair's CX series isn't their best but they're still quality units. As long as it was on sale for the same price as a similar-quality 500w unit you planned on buying I'd say it was a good buy.

I dont think its that, I just see a lot of people getting the cheapest POS power supply they can and in reality it doesnt put out clean power. Like a 900 watt HEC PSU. They're like the VVME of computers.

Headroom for what? Does the board even support 8x 8x sli/crossfire?

You barely need a 750w for dual 680s.

But okay.

I can see the price thing, but future upgrade? He's already bought a sub $200 card. Don't think performance or anything is on his mind.

@rootxbeer all new power supplies come with all the protections of a $500 one. Plus, none of that shit works, power surge and your mobo still gets fried.

Never seen PSU protection work

I do agree with you and I probably should have worked out what I wanted before buying anything. But when I bought half the stuff I didn't even plan on it. Just went to micro center and got talked into building a better computer than I planned on. But it works great for me. I have room to upgrade. I plan on a better mother board after I do more studying on the topic and want to expand on options. I can tell you this computer runs my programming and basic cad software better than the computers at school though.

And I appreciate your criticism. Can only make me better/more informed. And If you have other suggestions I would like to hear them

Archived