Sundown Audio

Orion 2500d (early 2000's)

IBleedMusick

i had a bunch of them back in the day, they were alright amps.

Always did the power they said they would, and looked great.

The market on the forums used to be saturated with these, there was a fella on caraudio.com whom was slanging them for next to nothing later everyone found out they were schemed that all the amps were b stocks from orion that were stolen from orion. There were Tons of these amps i alone had 15 of them.

They were never louder or better then like powered amps , my kicker zx2500 was a stronger amp, my old fosgate t2000 did better on the mic as well as these. One of the only things i liked about these is that i was able to run them way below what other amps at the time allowed.

Some i purchased were bnib from a local dealer others were from the forums al of them were about the same. This is definetly an amp that id only buy used at a very good price, theres just way to many amps out now that are better amps for the money.

Sounds like some mean cheater amps.

They are not cheater amps....

Correct they are just BEAST..

:ninja:

Ok. I don't know these beasts and seen the .35 ohm and just thought cheater amps.
cheaters are like regular 2 channels, do like 50 @ 4 x 2, and 80 @ 2 x 2, then like 800rms at 1/2 ohm x 1. like the orion shown above, some do over 1krms at .5
I miss them amps :(. I didn't know if I was explaining it correctly or not.

N8,sensai would you loan them out pplllease. I'll loan you my garage amps they are monsters lol. A couple of duals and big Boss amp lol. Don't kill me lmao.

i had a bunch of them back in the day, they were alright amps.

Always did the power they said they would, and looked great.

The market on the forums used to be saturated with these, there was a fella on caraudio.com whom was slanging them for next to nothing later everyone found out they were schemed that all the amps were b stocks from orion that were stolen from orion. There were Tons of these amps i alone had 15 of them.

They were never louder or better then like powered amps , my kicker zx2500 was a stronger amp, my old fosgate t2000 did better on the mic as well as these. One of the only things i liked about these is that i was able to run them way below what other amps at the time allowed.

Some i purchased were bnib from a local dealer others were from the forums al of them were about the same. This is definetly an amp that id only buy used at a very good price, theres just way to many amps out now that are better amps for the money.

These amps has always performed for me and were stronger than the kicker and concept as well as the d2 shredder that i tested against back them. Never had an issue with these amps and they have always been able to take abuse. I can assure you that in all of our tested we did ( A LOT) we did figure out that 2 of the 1200s strapped were stronger than the single 2500d. I know all installed are different so maybe your test will differ from mine. i have seen some of these amps go for around 300. Im not sure what amp you can get these days that will take the abuse, run as low and produce over 3kw for around 300 bucks. :unknw:

:ninja:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

also the story about them being b stocks is not true. Were they stolen debatable but they were not b stock by any stretch.Even if you sent in an amp to orion to be repiared they just replaced the board and sent it back out.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

no neither would I but you routinely see them go for way more. I watch ebay alot for a 3002. I see the 2500s go for more than that routinely 6-700 is pretty norm.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Well shit I don't know if I want to find a second one lol. I like what they have the potential to do though. Plus they would look good doing it.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

• 5 months later...

I run 1 Orion 8002 on 1 Orion 10 HCCA woofer and this speaker pounds. This 8002 is very power hungry though. Been running Orion since the start of their Company.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12