Offroad mud/clay tire recommendations? *10 pics*

when it comes to off roading swampers are the way to go no matter what. Ive ran multiple tires and swampers have out performed 90% of them off road, they are designed to be beat the hell out of. They clean the mud quit and dont pack up. The km2s are alright in the mud, but they cant clean themselves out very well. I would look into maybe the truxus mt that swamper makes, its more less agressive and has decent not to loud road noise. my swampers lasted 8 years on my jeep before going bald, my current tires bfg all terrain only last a year before they are going bald. I run a lifted jeep with a rear locker.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

Nitro trail grappler, nitro mud grappler, toyo mud terrain (real long lasting mud tire) pro comp mud terrain, mickey Thompson Baja claw, mickey Thompson mtz

Contrary to popular belief, The Nito Mud Grappler actually sucks in mud. Toyo mud terrain is a super mall crawler tire. Procomp....nvm. M/T Baja claw only for extreme off roaders imo. M/T MTZ is a very good tire. Sipes for rain, snow, Chew through the mud. Not sure about clay.

Nitto mud grapplers, boggers are good tires, I dont know if you can find them now but groundhogs used to be pretty badass, gumbo mudders. Im from polk county florida home of gigantic trucks.

Nitto Mud Grapplers I just would never recommend. Boggers are probably one of the best mud / clay tires but the OP does not want them..

good year mtr

pro comp xtream

GY W MT/R-K is more of a super aggressive all terrain. Its not even a mud tire. Again nvm about pro comp.

when it comes to off roading swampers are the way to go no matter what. Ive ran multiple tires and swampers have out performed 90% of them off road, they are designed to be beat the hell out of. They clean the mud quit and dont pack up. The km2s are alright in the mud, but they cant clean themselves out very well. I would look into maybe the truxus mt that swamper makes, its more less agressive and has decent not to loud road noise. my swampers lasted 8 years on my jeep before going bald, my current tires bfg all terrain only last a year before they are going bald. I run a lifted jeep with a rear locker.

Any tire packs up if the conditions are bad enough.... KM2's have a weak side wall, I know a few friends that went though a mud put only to be pulled out by a larger truck when their side walls sliced open cause of a hidden stick hiding in the mud. Your swampers lasted 8 years? How hard were you off roading? And how were you driving it? If it was a DD or a super off roader then 8 years? BFG A/T's last fuck forever however but suck in mud.

My suggestion, Cooper STT, Hankook DynaPro M/T, Maxsis Trepdor. The Dynapro M/T is actually one of the best mud tires you can possibly buy short of SS, Boggers, Iroks. Of a mud shoot out of 10 different tires in given terrains it proved to be the best mud tire for its class.

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Dynapro M/T's are not bad. I've run them, Mickey Thompson MTZ's, and Baja Claws on a 1996 Chevy 2500.

All performed about the same in the clay mud we have around here, though a bogger still smacks them around :)

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Thanks for all the replys. The only reason I don't want iroks, swampers, boggers, etc is fairly obvious. They cost a shit ton and street use ruins them pretty fast. My dad just got a set of 31" KM1's on his '84 Yota and has an easier time mudding/climbing than me. Guess I'll look through everyones suggestions and see what is the best option for me!

Edit: I don't know much about Dick Cepec but almost all of the reviews I find on the DC Crushers get a 4/5 or 5/5 for mud terrain. Fairly cheap price and has nice wide lug spacing. Anyone have their own review or opinion?

Tire specs - http://www.dickcepek.com/tires.php?item=Crusher

Random pic of tire - http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w212/jtmroczk/FJ%20cruiser/2071408987_0b60595490_b.jpg

Rub your finger on the tire, see how soft the compound is.

Soft compound tires are awesome for climbing but will only last about 50,000 miles at the most. Most mud style tires are softer compounds..

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived