Sonic Electronix

I was told not to deal withAmerican Precision Group and they said i had to use there alts with the braket for my jeep

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

you wont fit 4 12s in the trunk in a 4th order either.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

let alone 5 batts and amps.

whats the biggest build you've ever done before.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

I'm sure everyone on here have seen the infamous " Im going to build" post before. I have seen a video of an Altima with 4 12's in the trunk 4th order. Thats where i got the inspiration from. Unfortunately, there isnt a build log anywhere to be found nor any other vids showing it playing. Which sucks. Im sure someone will chime in saying thats the magical unicorn. As far as biggest builds that i have had a hand in, it was a long time ago when i was serving in the Marines back in the early ninties. A buddy of mine had an S10 w/shell with 2 RF punch 12's and 2 RF 15's ported, 2 sets of MB QUARTS components in the doors running off of a the old school Punch 200 & 150. It was what we called "walled" off and pounded pretty fucking hard. Not anything as complexed as what i want to do, but it got the job done. That was the beginning of bug for me. But times have changed, technology is on a whole other level. I know, I know, "put up pics or shut up". In due time fam, in due time.

I still say this build will never happen....you listed like $8k worth of equipment with even considering wiring, terminals, wood, glue, glass.....

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

the fact of the matter is that you want to dive right into a head long monster build.

you want 4 12s in a trunk. in a 4th order. Thats going to be a huge box. a normal ported box would be about 8 cubes internally. About 12 outside. tehn you want to put in 5 3100s well now you need to upgrade your suspension ion the rear because no matter where you put them you're going to be close to the bump stops. 4 50 lb subs and 5 75 lb batteries not counting wood wiring or amps that will be 25 lbs a piece for four amps

thats 675 lbs of equipment alone in the trunk. building with mdf you're going to be close to a half ton birch a little lighter but more money.

now on to the doors. They are going to be a complete custom job. which is not easy thats why you see guys charging alot of moeny to do them. it takes a lot of work the right tools and more importantly the know how to make it happen.

we wont even get into tuning the 360 on this one.

The bottom line is you've got a huge build planned but is it in your capabilities. Or do you plan on dropping it off somewhere and letting someone else do it and ring up a huge bill. most of the people here are builders and refuse to take their car to someone. Its just how it is. So you can see why so many people doubt it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

the fact of the matter is that you want to dive right into a head long monster build.

you want 4 12s in a trunk. in a 4th order. Thats going to be a huge box. a normal ported box would be about 8 cubes internally. About 12 outside. tehn you want to put in 5 3100s well now you need to upgrade your suspension ion the rear because no matter where you put them you're going to be close to the bump stops. 4 50 lb subs and 5 75 lb batteries not counting wood wiring or amps that will be 25 lbs a piece for four amps

thats 675 lbs of equipment alone in the trunk. building with mdf you're going to be close to a half ton birch a little lighter but more money.

now on to the doors. They are going to be a complete custom job. which is not easy thats why you see guys charging alot of moeny to do them. it takes a lot of work the right tools and more importantly the know how to make it happen.

we wont even get into tuning the 360 on this one.

The bottom line is you've got a huge build planned but is it in your capabilities. Or do you plan on dropping it off somewhere and letting someone else do it and ring up a huge bill. most of the people here are builders and refuse to take their car to someone. Its just how it is. So you can see why so many people doubt it.

You are absolutely correct. This will take quite some time to get done. The weight of all the equipment has always been taken into consideration. Suspension will need to be addressed and upgrading brakes as well. This box will be huge and expensive to build because I plan on going with birch,(the real stuff not the laminated plywood crap). I do have enough confidence in myself to tackle this build. I know my way around the wood shop pretty good. The only thing I will probably do is enlist someone creditable to design the 4th order box, understand the concept, but I'm getting a headache from the researching :angry22: . I plan on using every knook and cranny in the trunk to maximize the cu. ft.

As far as the doors, I'm not new to fiberglassing either and plus the internet is very resourceful. I had a bad experience in the past of paying a shop 500.00 to install two amps and two 10' Lanzar Subs(yes, I said Lanzar) in a 92 Cavalier I had back when I was in the military. The hack ended up drilling holes to attach the sub box to the trunk floor and went right through to my gas tank. Every time I would fill my tank it would leak. I would drive me nuts because it would stop after awhile from the fact of driving and using the gas. Had to drop the tank, patch the holes up with liquid weld. At that point, no one touches the ride. And the quest to do a better job than any local shop began.

Yes I know the 3Sixty.3 is a beast of a digital processor, I also know it's a beast to tame as well. A challenge that I'm willing to understand.

I'm self taught just like most on here, I work a 9 to 5 and have to save up to buy just like everyone else. My initial posting with all those front end speakers was a lot over the top. Which probably triggered the "GTFOHWTBS" vibe. But that's what a forum is all about, getting other people opinions based on their experiences, right?. Some opinions are more alpha/hotel-ish than others. But it is what it is.

I have a long road ahead of me on this, I'll make mistakes and learn from them. I'll ask questions, when I don't know. Overall, the end result is to have something I did with my own two hands and be proud of it.

Archived