Ed, there's actually one company that has been claimed to do that here. Told one person they could do some stereo install, took payment along with the car, couldn't do the install in the specified time (told the guy like 2-3 hours but realized it'd be more like 8 hours) and the guy said forget it, put it back together. The shop then hung up on him, avoided his phone calls for the rest of the day. The guy showed up to pick up his car and the battery was disconnected. The shop kept the money, refused to give it back, and did something where apparently the headlights WOULDN'T go off...ever. Lol. So he had to pay another shop like $150 or so to fix that problem.

Yup, that's the type of shops around me, except the chain ones like car toys. So funny you mention that.

Sheena = pedobear

Alright, my thoughts were the exact same as yours Ed...

He still doesn't believe me lol..oh well, he can just live in ignorance I guess lol

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

A company did that to my buddy. They WOULD NOT issue a refund to him. He spent months arguing and battling with them. he pre-ordered ( I BELIEVE) a product they said would be here. months went by and no product. they always had an excuse. There main excuse is that the price of Neo went up and hasn't gone down. So they didn' wanna buy it because they wouldn't make a big profit. Last time i checked Neo has never gone down. Neo motors, hint hint. To this day the product is still not released yet. Eventually after months they agreed to send him other products that added to the total he paid. $2800.00.

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

Alright, my thoughts were the exact same as yours Ed...

He still doesn't believe me lol..oh well, he can just live in ignorance I guess lol

What I said is factual based on how laws are written, he can look it up.

Explain it this way, if he paid you $5 for a beer and you went to the fridge and were out. You would then go back to him, hand him the $5 back and say "Sorry, I was out"

So now what reason would there be to sue? Is he out anything? Does he have damages he suffered monetarily?

Can he sue for his hurt panties because he couldnt get that beer from you? Nope. He is in the same condition as before the transaction, no less money, no physical damage. There is nothing for you to be held accountable for. Contract was null and void which means it never existed.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

If you were doing that on purpose for some reason I doubt it would be legal, but I'm sure the charge would not be for taking money then issuing a refund something else would have to be at play for that scenario to be considered illegitimate operation of a business or illegal use of someone's funds.

I'm gonna hate

Archived