Second Skin Audio

2 10s or 3 8s

Jbiddle530

Better give your box dimensions, Im sure that does not account for port displacement. Anyways I would build around the subs I want, the MDF is inexpensive, going for 4 sa8 would be very expensive and would need 2K power at least.

no offense but i am not a newbie i do knwo about port displacement and woofer displacement.. my box is just at 1.55 per chamber net - woofer displacement of a treo tsx 10 which i have and - port displacement puts each chambers volume at 1.3 cubic ft net volume..

and guys i just decided to stick with the origional plan since the box is built for two treo 10s im just gonna take the time to try to find a second.. i know its gonna take forever to find but i think that it will be worth it when its complete.. heres more current update on the box.

576822_348125028641389_1656918456_n.jpg482892_348125061974719_784139008_n.jpg64707_348142718639620_1853911760_n.jpg

I'm no expert box builder....but it looks like those braces are just too big and scattered...I would think you would run into air flow problems, but only one way to find out.

edit: unless there's something I can't see, I'd say those triangular braces aren't necessary for the power your running man.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

i just wanna be able to upgrade later if i want i have the sub hooked up and it sounds great only problem i am running into is port noise. its got alot of air flowing through it like i mean alot. it will rip a piece of paper to shreds quick. i think i should have went with a 4 inch port

i prefer 3" for up 1net and 1+

as for ports

just because the length are the same, does not mean the tune is the same

if you centre brace is out by 0.05" there will be 0.5hz differences between the 2

it also goes for polyfill bit more in 1 and less in the other can alter by 1hz no problem

you start adding them up and you can easly hit 2-5hz difference between the chambers

just my recommendation single amp single chamber

Archived