Second Skin Audio

1' mdf or 1" plywood..

pantantler

depends on the plywood. there is very low quality ply and very high quality ply. birch ply is pretty popular. just make sure it has a lot of layers. I use birch for the weight reduction myself. the down side is that it splinters on the edges.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

ya looks like the only thing my local lumber yard has is 1" fir 8 layers.. they said its stronger than birch..

but i can get various 3/4 cuts. wondering is that would still be ok with bracing and fiberglass

my situation is not cheaping out.. I,m just limited in location

anyone use fir b4?

i'm an mdf guy simply bc i know its pretty consistent no matter where you get it from and its an acoustically dead material and flex over large sections is the only real hurdle. plus its the cheaper of most of the materials used. birch usually splinters bc the blade has less than an 80 tooth count or its not sharp. alot complain about the dust mdf causes, i have minimal dust and i cut in my garage with no dust collector system. dust can be lowered by height of blade and speed of cut

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

just thought I'd ask here if that's okay.....

If I was to NOT double baffle a 15" Xcon and instead use wooden dowels to brace the front baffle to the rear wall would that be sufficient ???

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

what everyone else said ... everything is pro and con ...

mdf is easy to work with able to make smooth edges ect. but you have to pre drill

birch sander ply is lighter stronger (IMO) and you dont have to predrill but the edges require sanding after cutting

you can also use oak sander ply (IMO)

just thought I'd ask here if that's okay.....

If I was to NOT double baffle a 15" Xcon and instead use wooden dowels to brace the front baffle to the rear wall would that be sufficient ???

should be fine ... bracing will do the same thing as double baffle

Archived