smelling my speakers after dd-1

So you have 2btls on 1 1500w mtx amp at 4ohm which should be sending around 500W in ideal conditions...

I can't understand how the btl's can get smelly/warm with only 500w, even when you would be clipping and sending 1000w to the subs, they still shouldn't smell or get warm at all.(they can thermally handle 2kw each easily)

If the amp makes the subs smelly it is possible the amp is sending DC current to the woofers, which can make them warm/smelly.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Swear I know that smell, and I can smell it from the port, like I said I don't understand why they would smell either when it's such low wattage compared to what they can handle unless it was clipping which is prolly the case since my voltage drops so damn low

• 2 weeks later...

So what did you end up doing man? I had simular problems with that amp. My stuff didnt smell though. I had to send mine back 4 times in one month. Everytime I got it back it lasted less than a few hours. Everytime I sent it back they said something fell off the board. It was a resistor then a fan screw then a wire broke loose internally. I had nothing but problems and never got to enjoy it for more than one day lol. Depending on how long you have had it since it was fixed you might want to call and raise some hell. The last time I sent mine in they claimed to send me a brand new one back. I sold it with out even opening the box. Call and raise hell man they might take care of you. My amp was garbage but the cs guys were very helpfull. Mine was only on 1 15" mojo at 1ohm.

i haven't done anything im jus leaving it as is, ive had this same amp like 4-5 years and this would be the 3rd or 4th time fixing so its been an awesome amp, I don't believe its been the amps fault or manufacturing for that matter its been user error basically I have just not given it the power it needs to run properly and efficiently, haven't decided if I want to spend another 100 to get it fixed but if I do ill be putting the big 3 and at least another battery but I really would rather get dual alts but don't feel like spending 700+ right now, I have other priorities like getting my small business going so the system can wait to be done right. ill be putting in 2 smd 18s, 4 sundown ns-1, 3 alts, at least 6 batts and all my door speakers along with skar 125.4 to power them so ill prolly jus wait

Archived