Sound Deadened Case

I was wondering about sounding computer cases. Would it make a noticeable difference under load? I have heard a lot of good reviews of the Define R4 which has sound deadening/dampening material in it.

My main question is if you sound deadened your whole case, of course not covering the intake/outtake fans if it would make your case quieter enough to really justify doing it?

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I've wondered this also as I have a bad case rattle, I would think you could reduce the case rattling but I don't think you would do much for fans and hard drive noises etc.

I really like the design of the inside of the Define R4, like 99% sure that will be the case I get if I ever sell this god forsaken iMac... But the whole selling point of it seems to be the deadened walls on it. It would be awesome if it does make a significant difference.

And if you were too worried about hard drive noise there are always the option of a SSD. But then you lose capacity, costs more, ect...

The whole point of this would be to be able to make an air cooled system that is still low noise under load.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

I'm not worried just curious as to the effect of the deadener

We have a few Defines in-house at work, and they are definitely awesome, and completely silent.

Do you know when the R5 will come out?

Archived