Im running the same two amps in my truck. Im running good 1/0 gauge to a distribution block that accepts 1/0 in and has 2-4 gauge

out. The runs off 4 gauge are about 18" and are Knu OFC so high stand count. I've got a fused distribution block with 150 to the sub amp and a 100 amp fuse to the T400-4. Under the hood on the 1/0 gauge I've got a 250 Amp fuse.

yea but im talking ABOUT FOR MY XS POWER BATTERY IN THE BACK ... if i was gonna run everything off of one battery yea i would of ran a 1/0 awg to the back for the amps

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2273]

id run 0 or 1/0 gauge just in case your going to upgrade in the future but 4 gauge is enough from the xs power to the amps yes

so rune 0 gauge to the back then 4 gauge off battery to amps

I thought 0 and 1/0 were the same. :\

Alpine PDX-V9

Morel Tempo 6

Alpine SBR-S8-4

Alpine CDE 149BT

id run 0 or 1/0 gauge just in case your going to upgrade in the future but 4 gauge is enough from the xs power to the amps yes

They are.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

haha yea they are the same

Basically the battery IS your distribution block. You'll be fine with 4 gauge from there

i guess so.... but i know if i was just running 1 battery from the front i would have to run a 1/0 awg wire to the back for the amps .. and to me the battery in the back is more like my capacitor.... and i was just wondering if 4 awg was good enough to keep that capacitor(battery) charged up :bunny:

Sierra nailed it in both his response and his own set up but don't take our word for it if you don't want to, prove it to yourself by doing the math yourself: what are the RF recommend fuse sizes for those amps? I believe 150A for the bdcp and 100A for the other. Those amps combined can draw 250A of current.

True 4ga wire, with perfect termination is good for up to right about 150A as long as the run is not too long. So 4ga wire will work, but you will never see the potential of those amps. 1/0 wire is good for up to 300A under the same ideal conditions. So if you want to be one and done the right way for your wiring on this set up, go with 1/0 everywhere except for the wires going directly in to your amps where 4ga will be fine.

An extra battery doesn't really justify smaller wire. And unless you need everything included in a kit, you can usually save $ by buying the wire separately. Do your big 3, the right way (check the pinned thread in this area) in 1/0 as well.

After doing all of this, if your alternator is still stock, it is the weak link in your system. Upgrade it as soon as you can, I would go with a good brand, there are a few to choose from. I would go with something like a 320A depending on what draw you have besides your system.

Just my $.02

i get alot of 4 awg is ok and go with some 1/0 awg im prob gonna try out the 4 awg first then try the 1/0 later .... i got my shipment in already of 2 rfk4 kits ... dont feel like going threw the retuning process because i ordered it online

Archived