One run of 4ga from font to back? Your system will play, and probably sound decent. We may see you soon asking why you're blowing 150A fuses, if your electrical is capable. I hope you don't follow the guys advice that tells you to just use a bigger fuse at that time.

At the end of the day, you're ride, your call dude.

Best of luck.

I wouldn't be worried so much about blowing fuses. The fuse it's going to allow the current though it. However, the wire can support 150 amps if current draw. I popped countless 60 and 80 amp fuses with that amp before realizing the fuses weren't my problem. 4 gauge will support 150 amps of current draw. What you SHOULD be worried about us melting the jacket right of of the wire. I've heard about car fires starting that way.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

yup im not worried about fuses blowing ... im more worried about the wires heating up also i rather pay 5-7 bucks on some fuse then paying for new wires or even a car... thats why im just run the for and check the wires every couple seconds and minutes .....hmmmm or maybe ill just sale one of these rfk4 kits and get me an 1/0 kit

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2273]

One run of 4ga from font to back? Your system will play, and probably sound decent. We may see you soon asking why you're blowing 150A fuses, if your electrical is capable. I hope you don't follow the guys advice that tells you to just use a bigger fuse at that time.

At the end of the day, you're ride, your call dude.

Best of luck.

im with this guy.. a 150a fuse will burn out easy with the amount of amperage you will be drawing. running too big of a fuse for the wire is DANGEROUS so dont try it.

Rockford 1/0 wire is really nice but expensive if you're considering it. You only need 1 run to the rear battery, so depending on vehicle, maybe 15-20 feet

i can get the rockford 1/0 kit from sonic for only 136 REALLY GOOD DEAL from sonic electronixs most likely if i sell this 4awg kit ill just get me the 1/0 kit ... http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_10559_Rockford-Fosgate-RFK1.html

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2273]

I've read enough of your posts fosgate to know that you're a fosgate fan. That's fine and dandy. guess what? wire doesn't matter, wire is wire. you want to show off your system and have all fosgate? Cool. Strangely, that's how my setup is (WAS NOT PLANNED THAT WAY). Doesn't mean you need fosgate wires. i have JL audio power wires. who knows the difference? no one. I forget half the time. But if you look at my amps, my speakers, my tweets, my subs, it's all fosgate. Wires don't matter... as long as they're by a good company (knu, at, sky high, and the list goes on). If you can get the exact same stuff from someone else for cheaper, imo you're dumb for not taking that offer.

And I don't mean any offense by that, and I also dk how much the 1/0 kit (whether sold seperately or all bundled up in a kit) would cost from anyone else, I'm just saying if it's cheaper somewhere else and the company is good? Definitely should go there.

Sheena = pedobear

Archived