Lancer DC trunk install. 137db...for now. lots of pics!

FANTASTIC work for your first project (regardless of one, two or even three hands!) :good:

I know for a fact that my first project(s) never looked that good.

The innovation with using the string to lower the sub into the baffle cutout was awesome, love seeing people overcome obstacles like that.

Keep it up, I want to see more!

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

i'm glad to see everyone is liking it!! couldn't have done it with out the long nights up reading on SMD; so thank you to everyone on here! i went from knowing nothing to feeling like i know what i'm doing......... most of the time lol

oh and a quick question- does anyone know if custom door panels are allowed in the street trunk class?

I think they are, but I'm not sure entirely.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

As long as they aren't for spl purposes and just midbass, yes. Put the can only go so far out.

#teamihop

Two 12 inch DC XL's

Carbon Fiber Cap

Stetsom 7k

Shell of box / baffle built by me

Port / sealing the box by John Hone

Fuck midrange

Alpine-9886

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177428-97jettas-sql-trunk-wall-loudest-99-buick-century-custom-with-a-one-legged-owner/

price has no influence on how something sounds

I told him to move the fucking port.

they see me hoppin they stoppin they can't believe im so white and dirty

It looks like you got so drunk, that someone came up and stole your leg.

• 3 weeks later...

holy shit!!!!!! i just took my back seat out. it's not foldable so i just took it out to test and see how it sounded and wow! it got quite a bit louder!! i may be hitting 140 with the back seat out. my 137db was with the back seat installed. my rear view mirror use to fall off half way through certain songs, but now with any song i play the mirror comes of 5-10 seconds after the bass starts.

i'm going to be doing a lot of playing around and test to see what i like and what is loudest with this sub in my car before i build a new box and make it final. i plan to flip the box forward so the port fires into the cabin, and then i will build an 18" bolt on external port to lower my tuning from 35hz to 28hz. from there i can cut a little bit off at a time and gradually raise my tuning so that over a couple weeks i can experience my car with this sub all the way from 28hz to 35hz to see what i really like. i'm not sure how this will all work out, but i'm thinking it should should work well. with an external port the same size of my current one but extending it out should lower the tuning, but meanwhile my box size stays the same.

i will also try sealing the port off into the car in some temporary manor to see how that sounds.

my final goals with the equipment i have (minus the box, the new one comes soon) are to be able to bass race in the 139.9 class and burp a 145 or 146 in the street trunk class in db drag. with all the testing i am going to do i think i can do it. i wish i had a termlab so i could test each little variable, but it looks like my ears will have to do.

it might be a crazy goal aiming for 8db more, but who knows?

ear-o-meter ftw!! ;) lol I'm sure if you ask around there's SOMEONE on here that's out there in Cali that has a termlab. lookin forward to seeing the rest of the build though man it's lookin pretty awesome so far

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

• 1 month later...

Archived