Sundown Audio

Subwoofer wiring help

conbon

And by the way, there is NO mathematical way to wire 2 DVC 4 ohm coiled subs to a 2 ohm final load at the amp. You can run both positives and both negatives to one channel's positive and negatives, and the same for the other sub in the other channel. You would be running in two ohms per channel that way, but it doesn't really make a difference. You aren't going to notice any difference likely no matter how you wire to the amp unless you run 8 ohms and then the subs will be quiet and barely move. Bridged at 4 ohms or each sub on its own channel wired to 2 ohms will put out the same power. I hope this helps and wasn't too confusing.

And thank you! it is confusing but

>if your amp is 2ohm stable then you can only wire it down to the lowest of 4ohms.

nothing wrong with a bridged connection, it just essentially sets up your 2 channel amp as a mono block

my best advice would be to ditch the 2-channel amp and go buy a mono block stable at 1ohm so you can wire your subs down to 1 ohm and get the most out of them.

thanks! but yeah i know, i did bad research and had no clue i could use a monoblock to power 2+ subs. i bought a t1000-1bdcp but im not installing it yet, mainly because i want to see what my 2 channel amp can do.

best bet is to install the fosgate amp and give them ~500wrms a piece iirc... the amp is rated at 1000wrms @ 1ohm?

Run the wiring as I showed you with the picture above. Run your speaker wires to negative of one channel and positive of the other. The amp is probably labeled which terminals to use for bridged mode. You're perfectly fine to run bridged, it's A 4 ohm mono loss which is fine for subwoofers. You won't hurt anything, plus you are going to be easier in your vehicles charging system at a 4 ohm load

rather than 2 ohms per channel.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

And by the way, there is NO mathematical way to wire 2 DVC 4 ohm coiled subs to a 2 ohm final load at the amp. You can run both positives and both negatives to one channel's positive and negatives, and the same for the other sub in the other channel. You would be running in two ohms per channel that way, but it doesn't really make a difference. You aren't going to notice any difference likely no matter how you wire to the amp unless you run 8 ohms and then the subs will be quiet and barely move. Bridged at 4 ohms or each sub on its own channel wired to 2 ohms will put out the same power. I hope this helps and wasn't too confusing.

And thank you! it is confusing but

>if your amp is 2ohm stable then you can only wire it down to the lowest of 4ohms.

nothing wrong with a bridged connection, it just essentially sets up your 2 channel amp as a mono block

my best advice would be to ditch the 2-channel amp and go buy a mono block stable at 1ohm so you can wire your subs down to 1 ohm and get the most out of

them.

thanks! but yeah i know, i did bad research and had no clue i could use a monoblock to power 2+ subs. i bought a t1000-1bdcp but im not installing it yet, mainly because i want to see what my 2 channel amp can do.

best bet is to install the fosgate amp and give them ~500wrms a piece iirc... the amp is rated at 1000wrms @ 1ohm?

the amp is so under rated. puts out 1515wrms @ 1ohm. its a tank.

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback SE

Kicker CS61234

Kicker 40CS674

Kicker KST25

Sundown Audio SA-12 D2

Rockford Fosgate t1000-1bdcp

Rockford Fosgate t400-4

Audio Control LC7i

Kinetik HC2000

0/1 Gauge

Big 3 Upgrade

Beer, babes, and bass.

He doesn't need a new amp the one he has will be perfectly fine.

okay thanks man! how much power will i get if its bridged? will it really be 1000x2 or is it less...

Link to amp:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_23047_SoundStorm-SSL-EV2.2000.html#

Kicker CS61234

Kicker 40CS674

Kicker KST25

Sundown Audio SA-12 D2

Rockford Fosgate t400-4

Audio Control LC7i

Kinetik HC2000

0/1 Gauge

Big 3 Upgrade

Beer, babes, and bass.

This is how i will probably wire them. looks like the easiest way. should i wind the + with + and the - with - and then screw it in the amp?

http://m.seimg.net/product/img/subwoofer_wiring/2_subs_DVC_4_ohm_2ch_bridged.jpg

Kicker CS61234

Kicker 40CS674

Kicker KST25

Sundown Audio SA-12 D2

Rockford Fosgate t400-4

Audio Control LC7i

Kinetik HC2000

0/1 Gauge

Big 3 Upgrade

Beer, babes, and bass.

I would just simply wire the subs in parallel - parallel to get a final load of 1 ohm, and use it on the the T1000 you have, which would perfectly power the subs, that soundstorm you have does no where near rated.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

I would just simply wire the subs in parallel - parallel to get a final load of 1 ohm, and use it on the the T1000 you have, which would perfectly power the subs, that soundstorm you have does no where near rated.

yeah i know man, thats what i want to do but my dad is being a dick about it, plus i just want to see what that sound storm can do lol

Kicker CS61234

Kicker 40CS674

Kicker KST25

Sundown Audio SA-12 D2

Rockford Fosgate t400-4

Audio Control LC7i

Kinetik HC2000

0/1 Gauge

Big 3 Upgrade

Beer, babes, and bass.

Hopefully that sound storm doesn't blow up

lol i know, its a pretty solid amp tho. only paid 90 for it new and it got a 4.9/5 rating, im sure itll be fine running 4ohm bridged..

Kicker CS61234

Kicker 40CS674

Kicker KST25

Sundown Audio SA-12 D2

Rockford Fosgate t400-4

Audio Control LC7i

Kinetik HC2000

0/1 Gauge

Big 3 Upgrade

Beer, babes, and bass.