Sundown Audio

Brazilian amps

Bam Bam

had my stetsom 7k2d wired to .175 for 2 weeks daily on music, beating the fuck out of it on 10v :P

no issues here :)

still playing to this day

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

what about their HD4k? what "requirements" do you think someone should have for that model?

02 Lexus IS300 (2JZ FTW)

Mids/Highs: JL Audio C5 6.5s all around

Mids/Highs Amp: JL Audio HD 600/4

Subs: four SA-8v2s in 3.8cubes @ 32hz

Sub Amps: SAZ3k

Battery: Huge Interstate Batteries relocated to trunk

About 80ft. of 1/0 OFC....

Head Unit: Pioneer 4200NEX

had my soundigital wired at 1 ohm with 4 dd 2512s wich couldnt handle that amount of power, so gains were VERY low, clamped like 4K iirc , mechman 270A alt and 3 kinetik hc2400s dropping to 12.9v , worst amplifier i´ve EVER used, go with stetsom or taramps if you are looking at brazilians...

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

I currently have 2 Taramps in my setup. I will add 2 more by spring. I have played with the amps for some time now. The amps are solid. I have played them at .5 ohms daily for a few months ( on good electric ) and took it like a champ. The amp will make more power on voltage above 12.6 Mechman adjustable voltage module can help with that. The amps are extremely powerful. From what I have found a lot of the horror stories I have heard about any Brazilian amps where due to lack of electric and running at very low ohms. Providing you can stay away this issue I think you would be pleasantly surprised on the performance of these amps.

FYI - I have a 275 amp Mechman alternator and over 625 amp hours in batteries and 3 runs of 1/0 power cable. This is still a little shy of what I should have however it's a better start than most people that have blown these types with less.

"It takes good electric to make great power" 150 amp alternator and 100 amp hour battery will not cut it.

What amps are you using? I am feeling pretty safe with the more info I'm collecting. I've just been used to the Korean boards & running 1/2ohm to get full potential. I guess the big decision now is what subs to run then pick the amp appropriate.

99 Suburban 2wd LS w/5.7L

Alt/wire-Singer 275a w/single 4/0 power & ground

Batts-D3400 (front) & 4 XP3000's (rear)

HU--Pioneer 80prs

Front stage-Morel CAT378/PRV 8", amps-(2) PPI P600.2's

Subs & amplification still to be decided

• 1 month later...

i remember seeing somewhere that tfade did clamp test on the taramp hd series, said it was a great amp and is actually using them in one of his vehicles

prices for the taramp is here http://www.djstagegear.com/car-audio-amps/

Archived