Second Skin Audio

pretty sure I blew my btl n2 while under powering it...

DylanBunch

Ummm what? Are you sayimg I'm full of shit??? Please explain.... I hope you are

Yes I am :popcorn:

Please explain how 10w is able to fuck a coil, even if it's a 10w sinus tone that's then been clipped to a square, that's still only 20w from my understanding?

I know you might have exaggerated, but that's not just a little.

I also do understand the point here, even if he has a 1500w amp, clip it to shit and the actual power will be way more.

"Beware of TROLLS" ? I see...lol

- If your speakers are capable of handling significantly more than your amplifier can produce, driving them with a clipped signal will not likely hurt them.

- If the speakers can handle 3 or 4 times the power that your amplifier can produce, there's virtually no way to damage your speakers (no matter how clipped the signal is).

- If your speakers are rated for the same power handling as your amplifier is capable of producing cleanly, driving them with a clipped signal for extended periods of time may cause speaker damage and/or premature failure.

- If your speakers are rated for the same power handling as your amplifier is capable of producing cleanly, driving them with a square wave signal for extended periods of time will likely cause speaker damage.

I think a lot of people here will benefit from it.

Please explain how 10w is able to fuck a coil, even if it's a 10w sinus tone that's then been clipped to a square, that's still only 20w from my understanding?

I also do understand the point here, even if he has a 1500w amp, clip it to shit and the actual power will be way more.

Massive dmx quad coil blown off of 25 watts clipped after 7 hours and 29 mins of playing still have sub if you would like to see pics

Clipping makes heat after time of getting hotter and hotter will fuck a coil

Yes beware of trolls you fucking troll!!!!

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

From http://www.bcae1.com/2ltlpwr.htm

- If your speakers are capable of handling significantly more than your amplifier can produce, driving them with a clipped signal will not likely hurt them.

- If the speakers can handle 3 or 4 times the power that your amplifier can produce, there's virtually no way to damage your speakers (no matter how clipped the signal is).

- If your speakers are rated for the same power handling as your amplifier is capable of producing cleanly, driving them with a clipped signal for extended periods of time may cause speaker damage and/or premature failure.

- If your speakers are rated for the same power handling as your amplifier is capable of producing cleanly, driving them with a square wave signal for extended periods of time will likely cause speaker damage.

Also, read this, http://billfitzmaurice.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1886

Ok then my real world test is full shit

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

From http://www.bcae1.com/2ltlpwr.htm

Also, read this, http://billfitzmaurice.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1886

Ok then my real world test is full shit

Hey, I'm not saying anyone is full of shit. If you have something to add, feel free to. I'm here to learn. I find real life experience/testing more interesting than data on paper.

it isn't the amount of power that clipping produces that blows a coil. Clipped signals effects (or affects) how well a coil is able to cool. There is probably a point where the power just isn't enough to produce the heat required to fry a coil, but otherwise, at some point in time, clipping will fry a coil. If you have a 1500 watt sub and run 1500 clean watts to it, shouldn't be a problem. If you run 1500 clipped watts (like a 1000 watt amp with the gain cranked) then you have problems.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived