Second Skin Audio

pretty sure I blew my btl n2 while under powering it...

DylanBunch

I still don't see how he blew that sub with that little power, clipped or not it should've been much more difficult to blow it than what the op is describing, my guess is there's other problems involved that led to its death.

edit: is this a 15" or an 18"?

You can blow a rated 3000 watt sub with as little as 10 clipped watts its not that hard when you got a serious clipped signal

makes sense but when the op says his gains are set at 5 o clock no bass boost etc I think it's safe to assume that if he's clipping then it's a soft clip or a little more, not full blown bass boost maxxed, gain maxxed, bass boost on headunit etc etc, I've clipped my XFL's on my 3.5k to all hell and back and haven't blown them, they got stinky but coils are still copper and read just fine, not arguing just saying it seems pretty hard.

5 o clock is practically max gain.....

I still don't see how he blew that sub with that little power, clipped or not it should've been much more difficult to blow it than what the op is describing, my guess is there's other problems involved that led to its death.

edit: is this a 15" or an 18"?

You can blow a rated 3000 watt sub with as little as 10 clipped watts its not that hard when you got a serious clipped signal

makes sense but when the op says his gains are set at 5 o clock no bass boost etc I think it's safe to assume that if he's clipping then it's a soft clip or a little more, not full blown bass boost maxxed, gain maxxed, bass boost on headunit etc etc, I've clipped my XFL's on my 3.5k to all hell and back and haven't blown them, they got stinky but coils are still copper and read just fine, not arguing just saying it seems pretty hard.

5 o clock is practically max gain.....

even if 5 oclock isnt near max, it makes no difference. Gain setting is completely related to RCA input voltage.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

RCA is a 2V preout, I have the same HU. All settings flat, HU is clip free up to 61/62 at the RCA. Say 60 even to be safe.

And he didn't say amp gain at 5 o'clock, he said:

No im running it at 2 ohms. Gain at 5/11. I never play past the distortion point on my heahunit. No headunit bass boost. Bass end of eq is flat. Subsonic filter on, crossover at 70ish

Sub was screwed before he even got. He just helped it into the promised land.

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

RCA is a 2V preout, I have the same HU. All settings flat, HU is clip free up to 61/62 at the RCA. Say 60 even to be safe.

And he didn't say amp gain at 5 o'clock, he said:

No im running it at 2 ohms. Gain at 5/11. I never play past the distortion point on my heahunit. No headunit bass boost. Bass end of eq is flat. Subsonic filter on, crossover at 70ish

even with that, gain position is not relevant. where the actual knob points to on the amp is pointless, it doesn't even match between the same amp models.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived