Plastidip my car ? What color ???

So yesterday, I run into a couple cute little Asian girls at the gas station in a "blaze orange, matte finish" Land rover. It looked freaking fantastic ! If their was a flaw anywhere, I must have missed it.

So then this little 95lb, 20 yo girl says, "Yea'.... me and my sister here, did it ourselves" !

Now I'm like, if these little Asian girls could do this nice a job, why couldn't ! ?

So, I started surfing around, and found this website:

https://www.dipyourcar.com/home.php

They offer a complete kit, with 3 gallons of plastidip product (your choice of color) + the sprayer, for $299

https://www.dipyourcar.com/home.php?cat=23

I really like ALL of the bright colors.... I ALWAYS wanted a lime green car (they had both fluorescent green, and monster green, which are both pretty close) but the bright ass blue is cool too.... and the blaze orange, like the girls had on there Land rover was sick, also.

I'm thinking about doing the original job in matte, and then just leaving it that way for a while.... Then, when the excitement starts wearing off, and I want something new, I could always put some kind of metalizer, or pearlizer over the top of it < and this can still be matte... or satin... or gloss. Whatever I feel like. They already make probably 25 different colors and top coats, and more coming out all the time.

Oh, my wheels, grille, side mirrors, etc, will definitely be black, no matter the color I choose...

And this is for my little Hyundai Accent.

Some day, way down the road, whenever the paint on my truck starts to fail, I would totally consider the camo matte green ;)

Monster green....

2356456745.jpg

Blaze orange

IMAG2341.jpg

Neon blue

plasti-dip-of-the-month.jpg

All of these colors are brighter in person. I think digital cameras kind of freak out when it comes to capturing something which is brighter than anything normally is, in nature.....

The metalized and pearlizers are even harder to capture in an image....

This vid shows silver metalizer over monster green (toward the end of the vid)..... I bet its cool as shit, in person, too....

Peace,

Fish

Right on :) Ya' know, that bright ass green has been my favorite since WAAAAY before it seems to have gotten so popular now. 5 or 10 years ago, if I had said I wanted a lime green vehicle, most people just looked at me all stupid and crosseyed......

Back then, that made me want to do it even more....

Nowadays I wonder if its still "loud" or "crazy" enough ???

Hmmm...

Fish

monster green ftw

thinking about getting it done to my car. not sure on colour ether but i likethe gun metal colour or the blue....

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan

Pioneer 80-prs
B2 Zero.7

2 15s 4inch coil psi recones temp til my subs are reconed
Focal P165-v15
Audison voce quattro

fully active

Only gonna get louder

146.1 at 38hz

138.x at 24hz

Build log
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191444-mazda-3-sedan-sql-build-audisonfocalb2aa/

Right on. Yea', I was thinking about having it sprayed for me..... but then after seeing the job those two little Asian girls did, I started thinking maybe I could do a satisfactory job, myself ?

Then again, the kit with the sprayer costs $300..... while they only supply $150 worth of actual plasti dip product ($49 a gallon) So heck, if I could find somebody with a sprayer (not sure if a regular automotive paint sprayer will work for this stuff, or not ?) and some spraying experience, who would do this for maybe a couple hundred bucks, I would still strongly consider this option, as well.....

Peace,

Fish

thinking about getting it done to my car. not sure on colour ether but i likethe gun metal colour or the blue....

I'm gna be doing my whole car in camo green sometime this summer, after my system is done.

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

Right on. Yea', I was thinking about having it sprayed for me..... but then after seeing the job those two little Asian girls did, I started thinking maybe I could do a satisfactory job, myself ?

Then again, the kit with the sprayer costs $300..... while they only supply $150 worth of actual plasti dip product ($49 a gallon) So heck, if I could find somebody with a sprayer (not sure if a regular automotive paint sprayer will work for this stuff, or not ?) and some spraying experience, who would do this for maybe a couple hundred bucks, I would still strongly consider this option, as well.....

Peace,

Fish

look on the dyc site under the dipyourcar installer section and choose your state, i got quoted around 350-500 for a full dip from 2 different shops.

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan

Pioneer 80-prs
B2 Zero.7

2 15s 4inch coil psi recones temp til my subs are reconed
Focal P165-v15
Audison voce quattro

fully active

Only gonna get louder

146.1 at 38hz

138.x at 24hz

Build log
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191444-mazda-3-sedan-sql-build-audisonfocalb2aa/

Right on. Thanks Wade. I will look into that too.

Fish

Peace,

Fish

look on the dyc site under the dipyourcar installer section and choose your state, i got quoted around 350-500 for a full dip from 2 different shops.

Archived