Woot! Can't believe I missed these updates man!

Those backseats are flawless for sure!!!

And I agree with clean! Going ham on this thing. Even with all the bumps in the road you are getting it done! Well done bro

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Didn't see how big of a system you're putting in, but while you have the doors off...Onthe window motor things that are riveted to the door.

Drill out the rivets and bolt them in.

The rivets will break

I just re read what you wrote. And i actually was told by another non member about these. I though you were suggesing to remove the speakers, to drill out the rivets, which, was what it did. Now, i see CLEARLY what you ment.

And, i followed suit last night.

IMG_2124_zps7cbbc74b.jpg

And, i found out i didnt have decent fastners. So, i stuck these in till i can hit FASTENALL for my needs.

Thanks Tacomaguy1. If you know of any other weaknesses, id be happy to pay more attention.

Shit, im doing more repair work on this, than audio work. But, in my head, i just cant over look it !!!!!.. damn A.D.D,.. OCD shit !!!!

You're going to have fun with that .3,a lot of stuff to do with that thing. I love mine and still haven't finished tuning,still trying to figure out the best way to wire the amps/.3603 since I have different speakers in my 03 S10 Xtreme. Like the BL you have in some of your pics,drink up and get those elbows working. Nice choice of RCA's I might add. Also if you're putting a D3400 under the hood then be prepared to cut some of that battery tray. I had to cut the side off closest to the radiator and the back left corner near the fender well. Looking good bro

Thanks. I ran the 3sixty.2 in my last build. And i used and love the TWISTED cables. But, the amps im using in THIS build are a UNBALANCED in only. So, those will be just the normal COAX style. But, im not there yet.

So, twisted from my 80prs, ran BALANCED (cuz the .3 is switchable) IN, then, just COAX out to my amps. Should provide one hell of a clean ass signal.

I know in my Acura, with a STOCK head unit, and running nothing but the twisted rca's in and out, (i was running the BDCP amp, which can have unbalanced/balanced) i had ZERO noise introduced. Like zero. I could even run the gains all the way up, (no tones playing of course) and not hear the slightest hiss.

Anyway thanks for the interest.

You're going to have fun with that .3,a lot of stuff to do with that thing. I love mine and still haven't finished tuning,still trying to figure out the best way to wire the amps/.3603 since I have different speakers in my 03 S10 Xtreme. Like the BL you have in some of your pics,drink up and get those elbows working. Nice choice of RCA's I might add. Also if you're putting a D3400 under the hood then be prepared to cut some of that battery tray. I had to cut the side off closest to the radiator and the back left corner near the fender well. Looking good bro

Thanks. I ran the 3sixty.2 in my last build. And i used and love the TWISTED cables. But, the amps im using in THIS build are a UNBALANCED in only. So, those will be just the normal COAX style. But, im not there yet.

So, twisted from my 80prs, ran BALANCED (cuz the .3 is switchable) IN, then, just COAX out to my amps. Should provide one hell of a clean ass signal.

I know in my Acura, with a STOCK head unit, and running nothing but the twisted rca's in and out, (i was running the BDCP amp, which can have unbalanced/balanced) i had ZERO noise introduced. Like zero. I could even run the gains all the way up, (no tones playing of course) and not hear the slightest hiss.

Anyway thanks for the interest.

I was gonna comment and ask the question, but I see you edited the text.

I saw balanced/unbalanced switched around and was confused for a second :D

I like the attention to detail and the correct cable for the application :good:

So that Pioneer has balanced outputs? I looked online and didn't see specific mention of it.

If so, that thing looks to be pretty impressive.

:good:

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

Lol... I hit "post" and went... "damn, how did I put that? Lol.

That's my understanding from the sig with the prs bro.

And thanks... It's those lil details that make it worth it.

I just couldn't do the Damore cables right now.

So, I went with the old faithful.

Thanks wicks!! Like your posts/comments.

Make sure your door doesnt sag, or else youll end up breaking the striker

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

Looking like it's going to be a nice build. Good luck with the progress. I'm getting ready to rebuild my Neon and plan to to a build log as well. Not used to forums yet. I've been overseas and in the military too long...lol

Just doin' my thing in the car audio. Still working on getting build forums up.

Gen Coupe

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188409-2013-38-genesis-coupe-track-when-speed-meets-bass/

Looking like it's going to be a nice build. Good luck with the progress. I'm getting ready to rebuild my Neon and plan to to a build log as well. Not used to forums yet. I've been overseas and in the military too long...lol

Hey bro,..

Thanks.. And i see your new here. WELCOME TO THE BEST AUDIO FORUM on the planet. Cheers. :drink40:

And, I will always make time to help a service man/woman. So, you need any help getting your feet wet here, you just PM (Private Message) me, or, come here, and i can show you even how to do that.

Take care buddy. And thanks for the visit. :good:

Dude I look away for a couple of days and you go APESHIT. Updates are looking great and Im glad to see the work going in. Keep it up Sir, you're in Beast mode for sure :P

this is the same thing I thought when I pulled up the build log...tuned in for more progress!

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

Didn't see how big of a system you're putting in, but while you have the doors off...Onthe window motor things that are riveted to the door.

Drill out the rivets and bolt them in.

The rivets will break

I just re read what you wrote. And i actually was told by another non member about these. I though you were suggesing to remove the speakers, to drill out the rivets, which, was what it did. Now, i see CLEARLY what you ment.

And, i followed suit last night.

IMG_2124_zps7cbbc74b.jpg

And, i found out i didnt have decent fastners. So, i stuck these in till i can hit FASTENALL for my needs.

Thanks Tacomaguy1. If you know of any other weaknesses, id be happy to pay more attention.

Shit, im doing more repair work on this, than audio work. But, in my head, i just cant over look it !!!!!.. damn A.D.D,.. OCD shit !!!!

I didn't have a pic at the time, but yeah that's what I was talking about. Get some bolts and you'll be set

This can happen to. Welding a steel plate behind the latch is the best way to distribute the load on that panel instead of just the latch bolted like it is stock.

I don't have access to a welder so i'm going to do a steel plate and use 3m panelbond to bond it in place. With the stock bolts holding the latch on to line everything up

02b6343e_zps6060ab53.jpg

57523af1_zps83d7e155.jpg

Team Flex Issues

Archived