What happened to this member?

Dont get me wrong, Torres is a GREAT program... It blows the RE calculator out of the water, adds features that typical calcs dont have, I strongly recommend his program for the DIY guy..

But if your trying to make a business of designs or building boxes, you should be doing it the old fashioned way on paper, or have a more accurate program that opens you up to even more options, and the ability to change the strangest of things.

I cant see a person being pro at anything when they are using free programs..

Just me for example.

I needed something more then a circular saw, so I bought a $1500.00 table saw, bought new power tools as I could, I think right now including my old sanders I have 6 or 7 total, I have 3 routers, I needed portability in a pc so then came a laptop, and TermPro enclosure design software, testing tools such as my 2 clamp meters, my dmm, cc-1, dd-1, new tool box to keep thhe new tools in..

Out of all honestly I dont make crap doing what I do. My prices are low, most my bills paid on time, food in my fridge, but the rest of money made, goes right back into more tools, and other things that aid me in what I do.

Granted everything was not bought all at once, or do you have to buy it all at once, but if your going to try and do something, but not be willling to invest your money earned into something such as a cad program and continue to use freeware software just goes and shows the consumer how serious he is, or in this case is not..

I couldn't have said it better myself.

If you are going to make a business out of something, do it yourself. Not using a piece of free software that may or may not be accurate. How would these people know? They didn't write the code. They are crossing fingers and hoping for the best.

box building is about experience... torres can not substitute for experience... i use torres to give me an idea where my box is tuned and how big the box is.. thats really all its good for because the vehicle, woofers, power add things to the equation torres simply can not account for... i am absolutely no pro but i have learned from building different box and listening to those who know more

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

There are so many other factors involved when designing an enclosure, those box programs can make you design improper boxes all day long, there many other factors to rule in to tweek the design to have the best performance, and be as function-able as possible. Those programs also are only a rough estimate of what you end up with when its done, you have to pay attention to every little detail to make it the way you want it based off of what the program is showing you, because like I said, they don't factor in all the variables.

I only use box programs to start the path, but it takes skill and knowledge to finish it.

XS-power1.jpg

And there you go prime example. 19 Hz tune its not home audio. There is no need to tune that low even listening to only decaf. Your roll off will be dick above 40 hz

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

And there you go prime example. 19 Hz tune its not home audio. There is no need to tune that low even listening to only decaf. Your roll off will be dick above 40 hz

He played 19hz, the box wasn't tuned to 19hz

Though I do agree on the tuning thing

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Ahhh misread it. The only thing I'd be doing trying to play that low is launching cones

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

long story short i made a few memes and his asshole got sore. oopsies :D

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Ahhh misread it. The only thing I'd be doing trying to play that low is launching cones

In my opinion, tuning low into the 20's or 10's is only good for movies or home audio when the towers can dominate the 40's and up, so there is no missing gap.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Archived