What happened to this member?

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147578-smz2s-xterror-31313-mystery-box/page-5

Is this the one everyone is referring to?

4th order for a 18" in an Xterra?

2011 Chevrolet Aveo(click for build log)
Clarion NX-603
SKAR 4500.1D
Iraggi 320A alt

Knukonceptz 1/0 Kollosus Fleks Cable
8 AWG Sky High Car Audio OFC

1/0- Sky High Car Audio

2- XP3000 XS Power Batteries
SMD VM-1
2- 12" Ascendant Audio Mayhems

Toolmaker Fuse block

Toolmaker Bus Bars

(Last Season scores 1-15" Mayhem)

145.2 dB- Sealed @ NSPL World Finals (9/28/14)

148.1 dB- Hardcore @ NSPL World Finals (9/27/14)

150.23-- Hardcore on 4500 Watts!!!!

New Build (2015, 2-12" Mayhems)

146.9- Sealed on dash

149.6 dB- Hardcore in Kick (No wall 0-24" Hardcore)

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147578-smz2s-xterror-31313-mystery-box/page-5

Is this the one everyone is referring to?

4th order for a 18" in an Xterra?

no thats not it.. the other one was a trunk build. but just like all his design. they all need to have the port moved lol

ah, lol

2011 Chevrolet Aveo(click for build log)
Clarion NX-603
SKAR 4500.1D
Iraggi 320A alt

Knukonceptz 1/0 Kollosus Fleks Cable
8 AWG Sky High Car Audio OFC

1/0- Sky High Car Audio

2- XP3000 XS Power Batteries
SMD VM-1
2- 12" Ascendant Audio Mayhems

Toolmaker Fuse block

Toolmaker Bus Bars

(Last Season scores 1-15" Mayhem)

145.2 dB- Sealed @ NSPL World Finals (9/28/14)

148.1 dB- Hardcore @ NSPL World Finals (9/27/14)

150.23-- Hardcore on 4500 Watts!!!!

New Build (2015, 2-12" Mayhems)

146.9- Sealed on dash

149.6 dB- Hardcore in Kick (No wall 0-24" Hardcore)

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

It's in the first random picture post or the meme thread. Can't remember. Pretty sure random pic post tho

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

In the one keith posted:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/140718-nissan-altima-fi-sp4-15-crunch-gp3000-pro-singer-alternator-hairtrick-video/?p=1993611

the 45's in the sealed chamber weren't for airflow. they were there for bracing and displacement. the port is where it is because there was no other place to put it. if it doesn't work, the port can be covered and moved to a different location. again, if i had my druthers the port would be further from the sub, but i designed it to be removable for trial and error purposes.

also, i found out that this happened. black shit was all over the box, and it was notably quieter.
IMAG1580.jpg
IMAG1581.jpg
IMAG1582.jpg
pulled the top off the box so i could confirm that the surround wansnt rubbing on the wood, and come to find out, i in fact mounted it perfectly centered with about 1/8" to spare all around.
so, needless to say, im really upset and tried to call fi to see if the warranty is transferrable and if they will warranty it for me, but no answer. so i just left a voicemail.

I am really not sure what could have caused this.
sub was wired in series, tuned with a dd-1 at -5db
i hardly even beat on it at all.
i tuned it with the dd1, then plugged in the bass knob and never went past 2 o clock with it.
also, i was told that it was a concern to have the port close to the sub like that for unloading reasons, so i set the SSF all the way up to 35, and only played just mainstream rap.
if it was unloading bad enough to rip the surround, wouldnt it have ripped all the way around?
HALP :(

Not saying anything one way or another, but a poorly designed 4th order can cause surround blowouts.

possibly like this? only on one side? or would it make sense to have it rip all the way around?
idk...just my thoughts

Nope. Seen it happen quite a few times just like that, on one side.

See example from my buddies 4th:
267080_1500295943576_1119481128_31580371

What I don't get is, that a ton of people would always refer the guy when someone asked for a designer. Now everyone seems to be bashing him, wouldn't surprise me if some of the same people bashing use to refer him. I for one, never saw this guy as an enclosure designer. If I remember right it all started cause he was in the hospital, or something, and wanted to do sketch ups for people for free out of boredom. Then suddenly bam guy can design a 6th order bandpass. Kinda weird but its whatever now guy isn't here anymore.

He should have moved the FUCKING port lol

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

Archived