best bang per buck alt

if I had the money definitely would get the mechman alts nothing but good things about it.

:morepower1:

trust me I wish I had a 200amp alt to feed the t1000bd amp one bump from the 2 sd-2 10 volts goes from 14.4 to 10v

wtf? thats ridiculous. your battery must be getting old, or half of your alt is dead. your alt is like 136 amps isnt it?

no its 90amp alt its like 30-40 amp at idel I can get a 150alt from oreillys I just have to pay the different from my alt.

a 90 amp alt still shouldn't have that bad of voltage drop. unless maybe you're clipping the shit out of the amp.

my 70 amp alt in the corolla held 12's and 13's with an aq1200 and rf 200a4. my buddys 70 amp alt in his camry holds 12's and 13's with an aq1200 and alpine 4 channel.

is your big 3 done? something is seriously wrong if you're dropping that low...something is abnormal.

I haven't done the big 3 yet got the wire just need fuse holder and the amp is a older rf t1000bd it has a 150amp fuse this thing is power hungry

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

My tenney works great. VERY good price too.

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

it depends what you want from a company.

basically just MY opinion.

1. DC- most advanced alts, subpar customer service, unless your in cali then you can visit them.

2. Mechman- great alts, bullet alt (brand spanking new), great customer service

3. Singer-great alts, awesome pricing, fast customer service and feels extremely person in an awesome way.

no experience with any other brand.

DC power does NOT have "superb" CS. They still owe me a belt from over a year ago, they sent me the out of date bracket for my truck ( Yes, i could fox the issue myself, but if i paid over 500$ for a bracket. I want the right one. Also got the bracket, wiring and a hand full of bolts no install directions ( and there is metric and standand bolts) and no wiring diagram either..) Im STILL trying to get ahold of them to get this issue resolved.. No progress even after posting on they facebook page ( and they have replied on pics minutes after my post..) emails, calls, Nothing..

Singer has been the best alt ive had on my truck, best CS there is.. And he will do whatever it takes to make you happy..

I had a mechman alt.. Rated at "425a" It couldnt even suport an aq3500.1@1ohm With 8 runs of wire and 6 large G31 batts.. Would drop under 12v for fun.. It blew up twice.. Ill stop there. Haha

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

i've heard bad things from stinger alts too. like not charging at all. dropping into the 9's with an aftermarket alt that had the same performance as the stock alt.

same with mechman. broken voltage regulator, wanted shipping costs to be handled by customer end for an alt that was like a week old.

i've only heard good things about dc powers alt performance in my "area". c&s is a joke sometimes though. but from what i've heard, they OEM for a SHIT ton of other big name companies at the same time as handling the audio guys requests.

DC has been working a bunch on their CS lately. They have gotten back to me in less than 24 hours the last couple times I contacted them

Wish i could say the same for dc power.

I think most of peoples issues with singers alts is he uses a smaller pully so alot of people try to use the stock belt, which will not work ( once loaded down). Even in my truck with 3 400a alts My stock position alt bearly worked because i had retarded amount of belt slip, i just put an idler in to get me more belt wrap ( still have another to add once i machine a bushing) and i gaind .5v full tilt

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

I had no issues at all with my singer alt ... and hes the only who offered me 300amps alt for my car for less than $500!!!!!

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

I think most of peoples issues with singers alts is he uses a smaller pully so alot of people try to use the stock belt, which will not work ( once loaded down). Even in my truck with 3 400a alts My stock position alt bearly worked because i had retarded amount of belt slip, i just put an idler in to get me more belt wrap ( still have another to add once i machine a bushing) and i gaind .5v full tilt

I had the same problem but since I upgraded to Good Year belt 0 issues... no slip no nothing..

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

His small pully is awsome, if you have good belt wrap it really helps at idle, But if you have very little belt wrap, and a stock belt, good luck!

My stock position alt only had maybe 30% belt wrap ( wen belt was tight) but when i loaded alts down the belt strechs and tensioner moves, and on my truck then the tensioner "tensions" it looses belt wrap on the stock position alt, So without idlers right next to the alt pully i would always be loosing belt wrap on that one pully, But since ive added an idler its been a huge improvement

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

stock belt size/slipping had nothing to do in the case i was talking about.

Archived