Purplehaze Posted August 8, 2013 Author Report Posted August 8, 2013 I understand that you wanna learn to build subs on your own and such, but don't you think that for the ones that will actually go in the PT you'd just be better off letting David at PSI assemble the recones and you just install them? I'd be too scared to build my own recones like that on such monstrous subs lol. PLUS - All of the parts did not come from PSI, this sub is special. No other like it in the world, I can promise you all that... Kickin' Cruiser Seller Feedback Stage 3 Dash, Door Panels,4th Order wall 4 - 15'son a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K'sSolo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build
kirby Posted August 9, 2013 Report Posted August 9, 2013 dude I say go for it build your own if you know you can do go for it the whole build looks to be coming out great.
Purplehaze Posted August 9, 2013 Author Report Posted August 9, 2013 dude I say go for it build your own if you know you can do go for it the whole build looks to be coming out great. Thanks man, I appreciate it. I'm glad you like it! Also, welcome to the forum So, anyone ready to see a full build log for the "Solo X 15 v.2"? Kickin' Cruiser Seller Feedback Stage 3 Dash, Door Panels,4th Order wall 4 - 15'son a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K'sSolo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build
b-eazy Posted August 9, 2013 Report Posted August 9, 2013 I ready 2 c... lok... ;) im loving this build. ..keep up the koool subzzzz. ...A++++++++ from B.....lol :)
CJ18 Posted August 9, 2013 Report Posted August 9, 2013 Here is the first glue joint I ever did. Rob just handed me a coil and spider and said glue it. If you look closely you will see how the glue spreads out into the spider rolls. After alot of practice, this is what it should look like. You want the bead to be flat.
cjvue Posted August 10, 2013 Report Posted August 10, 2013 Never once I have a single failure on my tripple joint My Build Log- T E A M S U N D O W N A U D I O - 2013 DbDrag WF SS1-2 - 5th Place 154.6db 2013 MECA Mod3 CA State Final Champ 153.4db Powered by: Sundown Audio
COLTON94 Posted August 10, 2013 Report Posted August 10, 2013 Ok newb question the top of the coil tube sits flush with the top of the spider right
Borris The Blade Posted August 10, 2013 Report Posted August 10, 2013 I love it. Now make 3 more and put them in the PT! Lol thanks! I wish it was that easy! This one had some heavy modifications, and was a bitch to build TBH. But that makes me love it that much more! Actually this one will go in my Explorer eventually, and I will make 4 more for my PT. But baby steps, that's how I gotta do it man. I think patients will pay off for me. I know you said you were getting it machined to fit a bigger coil, that one have a 4 inch? dude I say go for it build your own if you know you can do go for it the whole build looks to be coming out great. Thanks man, I appreciate it. I'm glad you like it! Also, welcome to the forum So, anyone ready to see a full build log for the "Solo X 15 v.2"? Hells yeah!!! It's like rubbing your wiener up against a sheep.
CJ18 Posted August 10, 2013 Report Posted August 10, 2013 No, spider height is set based on the size of the gap/top plate
COLTON94 Posted August 10, 2013 Report Posted August 10, 2013 Mhmk ill go find the speaker building sticky lol dont wana clutter purples build.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.