Got160s? Build 24 DC LVL4M2 12s In A 4th Order!

Seems like a ghetto short cut to me. Use glue to glue shit. Foam wants to expand, to even if it seems just as solid, its natural characteristics will cause it to push against the joining surfaces creating pockets that make it weaker than glue. Good wood glue actually pulls the pieces together.

Might just be me, but if someone could test glue vs foam as an adhesive on, say 4ft by 4ft mdf(or birch) being held together, it would kill the argument.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I agree with you I would use glue but with the gaps he has between them boards foam might not be all that bad of an idea.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I've never used foam for glue, nor would I have thought to use it, becasuse at the end of the day, foam is porus and has air in it where as glue makes a sealed tight suction and bonds together. Air will allow for give, and in an application like this, give is a bad thing if I'm not mistaken. Now, granted I've not ever built a system of this size before, not yet anyway, but I've got alot of construction experience and I would never use foam as a bonding agent. But that's just me.

But my concern is the 2x4's. With them staggared like that, you loose structurability. You're only using 2" of the 3 1/2" of the board. Why not make them stand on end, and then add an extra layer or two of sheet material (MDF, Birch, Whatever). Are each 2x4 screwed, and glued, or just screwed together or just glued together? How are they attached.

Also to me, I would've been more inclined to cut angled braces on the top, and then screw boards between them to make your angle. Again, doesn't seem very strong to me. Like you might as well have just left the 2x4's out of the angle and used your sheet materials for it.

I'm in to see how it turns out, just voicing my concerns.

Its way farther than he is showing

Yea these pics are way outdated lol

Brandon

2000 Furd Ranger supercab 4x4

System:

welding wire throughout the truck

USalts 390amp Hairpin

Juicebox in stock location

8 Banks of maxwell supercaps

2 American Bass Vfl 1100.1 wired to .35 each

2 Fi Audio Sp4 18's ( the DD sc 9918's smoked)

Pioneer radio with Soundstream PA mids Powered by a nice sized soundstream 2 channel

It's pronounced (dain-ja rain-ja) :ph34r:

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

Archived