Chevy Guys Got A Question..

With a cam sensor error first make sure the sensor is plugged in properly. If it's plugged in change the sensor. It can be done without pulling the distributor IIRC. As Miguels suggested its best to remove the TB to clean it to keep the debris from damaging your o2 sensors or cat.

On a side note if your engine is CSEFI (some call it SFI) and you have the dual plenum intake setup (1/2 plastic 1/2 aluminum) check your coolant line that taps into the intake on the passenger side. If its the factory deal with the quick disconnect I suggest you look into replacing it with straight NPT stuff. they are known to leak at the factory disconnect slowly over time. Once it gets low enough to get a little warm your intake gasket will blow leaving you in a world of crap - water in oil, no water in coolant, milky stick nasty crap for oil while your engine proceeds to heat up is no good at all.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

I had my TB cleaned last summer..Im still going to check it out though...I had a misfire in 3 cylinders after the fact, so i guess its possible for the carbon buildup....Thanks, You guys are very helpful !

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

600-650 rpm.. buy a cleaner and spray the TB, if you can take it off buy a cleaner you can dump it in for a day or 2

NEVER DUMP A THROTTLE BODY IN A TUB OR BUCKET OF CLEANER! you will ruin any electronics attached to it! The best way is above. I learned this the hard way and it cost me about 475 dollars about 12 years ago. Im not sure but i think yours is fly by wire right? ( no throttle cable) you dont want to remove the solenoid that actuates the throttle butterfly due to its precise calibration on the thottle body.

Sorry 98 not 2009 go ahead pull the body off remove ALL electronics and let it soak overnight blow it out and let her rip. You may have to re calibrate the throttle positioning sensor though. I would only do this method if it is really bad! Like clogged completely.

I just wish i had a funny sig.

my 95 idles at 500-700rpm, which is pre vortec as well. Just a 5.7L V8.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

600-650 rpm.. buy a cleaner and spray the TB, if you can take it off buy a cleaner you can dump it in for a day or 2

NEVER DUMP A THROTTLE BODY IN A TUB OR BUCKET OF CLEANER! you will ruin any electronics attached to it! The best way is above. I learned this the hard way and it cost me about 475 dollars about 12 years ago. Im not sure but i think yours is fly by wire right? ( no throttle cable) you dont want to remove the solenoid that actuates the throttle butterfly due to its precise calibration on the thottle body.

Vortec of this vintage shouldnt be the fly by wire crap. adn yes pull the Throttle Position Sensor and the Idle Air Controller, you'll want to get ride of all the carbon hidden away there too.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

My Buddy is a mechanic and has been for 30 years...He cleaned it, im sure it was done the right way. Not sure on the cable though i would have to look..

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

Sorry 98 not 2009 go ahead pull the body off remove ALL electronics and let it soak overnight blow it out and let her rip. You may have to re calibrate the throttle positioning sensor though. I would only do this method if it is really bad! Like clogged completely.

well im assuming he will take everything off including sensors before dumping it in there.. i always had better luck using a bucket over the spray kind cleaner. spray only gets the surface cleaned and dont get in deep.

edit: posted before your edit

Archived