Second Skin Audio

Fi No Longer Selling BTL Subwoofers??

Max1636

I thought they changed the name to BL now? im on their site and I can see the BL 10, 12, 15, and 18.

No, that line has been there for years. Its commonly referred to as the "SPL" version of the Q; whereas the Q is perceived to be the more SQ oriented sub.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

ahh okay. I was wondering why the btl and the q series had the same rms rating.

I thought they changed the name to BL now? im on their site and I can see the BL 10, 12, 15, and 18.

No, that line has been there for years. Its commonly referred to as the "SPL" version of the Q; whereas the Q is perceived to be the more SQ oriented sub.

Vehicle: 2001 Chevy 1500

Radio: Pioneer

Coaxials: Rockford punch 6.5"s and 4x6's

Subs:Skar VVX 10's (dual 2)

Sub Amp: DD M3A

Wire:Raptor 4 Gauge

Electrical:150 amp alt, big 3, reg. batt.

skar.gif

DD-1.jpg

Well, for the price and specs of the SP4 vs the BTL line, I would get the SP4. Guessing SP4 cost to make and neo pricing helped that decision? Looks as if they have some new stuff coming out though, so who knows?

problem with the SP4... they don't come in 12s... not everyone wants to run huge subs.

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

ahh okay. I was wondering why the btl and the q series had the same rms rating.

Typo... The BL and Q have the same ratings. The BL has less Xmax, if I remember right, more motor force and higher FS. Where as the Q was supposed to be a not record breaking sub for spl, but dug deep and low and clean.

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

Well, for the price and specs of the SP4 vs the BTL line, I would get the SP4. Guessing SP4 cost to make and neo pricing helped that decision? Looks as if they have some new stuff coming out though, so who knows?

problem with the SP4... they don't come in 12s... not everyone wants to run huge subs.

This.... I'd run a SP4 12 for sure. But the issue is like trying to make level 5 12's or something... The spider ends up being larger then the cone or something to that effect.

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

This.... I'd run a SP4 12 for sure. But the issue is like trying to make level 5 12's or something... The spider ends up being larger then the cone or something to that effect.

It'd be like an SA-8 vs SA-12 they'd be totally different drivers if you did build one.

I'm gonna hate

Mayb they are going to bring back the older style btl subs, an just special make the neo versions to those who want them.

My build

98 s10 2.2

3 american bass HD 15s with psi soft parts. (on there way here)

atomic at-3000.1 (soon) 146.2 outlaw @39hz., bad alt an bad batt when termed (old 2 12" build)

alpine 6.5s in doors

infinty 4x6s in dash.

clarion cz201 HU.

mechman 240a H/O alt

stuff i still need.

SHCA 2/0 wire

SHCA 1/0 to 2/0 adapters

Atomic AT-3000.1

Lots of sound deadner

new mids an highs, still debating on what to do.

A few Deka g31 batts.

Archived