I merged 2 threads and things got a little screwed up lol So I added Johns first post to his right here :

This is the official thread for the Tahoe build off :) we hope you enjoy these builds as much as we do!

So we are doing a little friendly competition between Sky High and DC Audio.

A few things fell into place and we ended up having GM SUVS dropped off at the same time so we decided to make some fun out of it.

Rusty, his team, and DC Audios build will consist of the DC Audio Yukon 4 M1 LVL 6 18s with the aluminum baskets. 4 DC Audio 5Ks and a B pillar wall; just to name a few things.

The Sky High's Tahoe will have 6 Lvl 6 m2 18s with aluminum cone and 4 DC 10ks in a B pillar wall.

Rusty and I (Jon) will be both posting pics along the road to crushing every other Tahoe on the west coast.

DC Audio and Sky High have a pretty good and close knit relationship if you guys did not know. This is a friendly build and we are only out to have fun and get some recognition out there for the amazing products going into the builds.

So please enjoy the builds and your input is greatly appreciated.

See you at Lake County Car Audio with both these builds for the finale!!

And Mine starts here - So Alot of you might remember the DC Yukon, Well its at the shop and were going to wall it. Not 100% sure what the plan is but for right now I just removed everything so i can start to measure out the shell. its got for gear (well before I took it all out)

(2) 175.4

(4) 5.0

(4) M1 Lv6's

(2) Alts

(2) Strong Stinger 2150's, The rest of the 2150s are dead and will need to be replaced. The Yukon sat for a while and the battery's are now toast

So Im not sure if it will go flat wall, clam shell, 4th order, 6th order. Part of it will depend on the square footage we end up with.

On with pics of my progress today

tahoeren_zps5cc86780.jpg

Edited by WCA Rusty
  • Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Joshdashef
      Most updated pics can be found at https://www.tumblr.com/blog/joshdashef | I use Tumblr as my picture hosting platform | 
      Previously I had a RF Prime 750.1 going to two RF 12 4DVC on stock electrical and big three.

New Build Equipment
      Active Setup from HU: Pioneer 80 PRS

Front Stage
      T2652-S powered off a P600X4 (4 ohm | speaker per channel)
      Lows
      2x P3 4DVC powered off a DC Audio 2k (1 ohm | Dual 1/0 inputs)
      Batteries
      Starter - Walmart Group 51R | Reserve - XS D3400 (Flat 6 bolt) 
      Alternator
      Mechman 240 Blue 
      Wiring
      RCAs - Rockford Fosgate 20ft | Sky High 1/0 Blue (2 runs) | Sky High 10 gauge (subs) | Front Stage Speaker Wire - undecided matching Sky High 14 gauge
      Fuse Holders / Gauges
      Stinger Volt meter | Sky High dual anl fuse holder (two for main power and one for sub amp input) | SMD Fuse Blocks 3x dual 1x single

Planned Upgrade List
      3 pairs of RCAs  Done
      New Wider False Floor Not needed
      New Sub Enclosure 2x12 or 1x15 DONE 2x12
      Amp Rack for Dc 2k and four channel Done
      Distribution Block/Fuses (trunk) Done
      Dual Fuse Mount under hood  Done Replaced with SMD dual fuse holders - Thanks audiofanaticz
      Running two runs of 1/0 Sky High OFC front to back Done
      Battery Mount for XS D3400 Done
      Mechman HO Alternator Done
      New Headliner
      New Rear Parcel Tray or Reinforce old?
      Fix Gas Lid Wire  Done
      Stinger Volt Meter for front and rear batteries Done
      Treat doors for new mid woofers Outer skin treated, need to cover holes with thick metal sheet and rivets
      Run speaker wire for mids and highs Done
      Install train horn in rear bumper 
      Setup LEDs above amp rack Done
      Install distribution block and run +/- 4 or 8 gauge for it. 4 gauge +/- Done
      Run speaker wire for subs Done temporarily (will be upgrading to posts like these or something similar so I can parallel at them instead of the sub) 

Sound Deaden areas;
      Doors (outer skin middle 1/3 done and focus directly behind speaker)
      Roof
      Wheel Wells 
      Hood
      Trunk lid (lower 1/2 done)
      Trunk spare tire (1/4 done)
      Parcel Tray

Head Unit: Pioneer 80 PRS

Amp:

Subs / Old Q-power Box:

Under Hood:

Day 1: Strippin 'er down
      Trunk

Cabin | Rear/Front Seats Removed and some panels including center console (didn't get a pic of rear seats will do tomorrow)

• By Wicks
      Hey everybody,
      Time for me to join the party!
      The Harmon Kardon factory system in my M3 just wasn't doin' it for me so I decided to rip err all out and do some WERK!
      So here's what I started with:

I didn't like any of the factory components, so I'm building it head to toe, here's a list of the main components:
      Mechman 320A (to replaced the factory 120A)
      One run each (power/ground) of 0 gauge OFC, front to back (stock battery is in the trunk)
      Two XS Power XP3000's (jumped in on the group buy recently)
      Alpine INA-W900 (As you will see later, this was quite a battle to install)
      Alpine Imprint H100
      Alpine Sirius Tuner
      Coax signal cables
      12Ga Knu Kord speaker wire for Mids/Highs
      8Ga Stinger OFC for subs/highs amp
      Hertz HSK130 5 1/4" Components
      Rockford Fosgate Punch200DSM for the highs (OLD SCHOOL from 1993!)
      DC Audio 2.0K
      DC Audio XL12m2
    • By Wantin2DropCheap
      I have Made a strong double floor/double baffle box with window bracing out of 3/4 MDF just a bit larger than spec . I am using white sewer pipe so I can run the sweep 90's and dual 4" precision port flares top and bottom for a single 12 in a test box and keep changing my tuning,
      I have a cheapo db meter on the dash while running all my tests. Here's where I need you guys because I'm stumped. So why when I make the ports longer (tuned lower) would my 30 to 35hz range numbers drop? also why when I shorten the ports (tuned higher) would 56-62hz range numbers drop? I also cant figure out why I'm so peaky I have some notes like 40hz almost always falls on its face. Tuned at 31.5 and 32 it dies but tuned at 31 it doesn't? (I'm talking a whole 8db)  I also usually have a drop at 42Hz,43hz,and 52hz. I'm just lost as to why the numbers are so jumpy between tests. Why its a steady climb with drops and then back to a steady climb then drops etc. I start at 30hz and go to 62hz during these tests.
      I honestly always thought the low range to a point would gain at lower tuning while sacrificing some higher notes and vice versa. Can someone tell me from experience in a test box with meter is this normal and how do you decide on a final tune? Is there an easy way to rid myself of the random peaks and drops? Every time I change the tune some numbers go up and some numbers go down but not consistently on either end as you would think. It seems random.  I love the 30-40 range
      Thank you in advance for taking time to read and respond. This place is the best. If anyone can set me straight it will be here.
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 527 Guests (See full list)