I merged 2 threads and things got a little screwed up lol So I added Johns first post to his right here :

This is the official thread for the Tahoe build off :) we hope you enjoy these builds as much as we do!

So we are doing a little friendly competition between Sky High and DC Audio.

A few things fell into place and we ended up having GM SUVS dropped off at the same time so we decided to make some fun out of it.

Rusty, his team, and DC Audios build will consist of the DC Audio Yukon 4 M1 LVL 6 18s with the aluminum baskets. 4 DC Audio 5Ks and a B pillar wall; just to name a few things.

The Sky High's Tahoe will have 6 Lvl 6 m2 18s with aluminum cone and 4 DC 10ks in a B pillar wall.

Rusty and I (Jon) will be both posting pics along the road to crushing every other Tahoe on the west coast.

DC Audio and Sky High have a pretty good and close knit relationship if you guys did not know. This is a friendly build and we are only out to have fun and get some recognition out there for the amazing products going into the builds.

So please enjoy the builds and your input is greatly appreciated.

See you at Lake County Car Audio with both these builds for the finale!!

And Mine starts here - So Alot of you might remember the DC Yukon, Well its at the shop and were going to wall it. Not 100% sure what the plan is but for right now I just removed everything so i can start to measure out the shell. its got for gear (well before I took it all out)

(2) 175.4

(4) 5.0

(4) M1 Lv6's

(2) Alts

(2) Strong Stinger 2150's, The rest of the 2150s are dead and will need to be replaced. The Yukon sat for a while and the battery's are now toast

So Im not sure if it will go flat wall, clam shell, 4th order, 6th order. Part of it will depend on the square footage we end up with.

On with pics of my progress today

tahoeren_zps5cc86780.jpg

Edited by WCA Rusty
  • Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Bl800dy
      I’m buying 4 2ohm subs yet I’m putting them in two separate boxes I’m going to wire it down to 1 ohm but the problem is how would I do it since there’s two separate boxes?
    • By Antoni Čović
      Hello everyone, I didn't see any similar topics on forum so I thought I will open one.. 

So the point of this topic is to post your watt clamped results from your system. 
      You can post pictures or just write.. 

It would be cool if you wrote your equipment: amplifier, subwoofer, box size and tuning, electrical and then post your clamped results.
      You can post a picture or video of your system too!

If you don't know how to measure your watts look at this tutorial: http://ddaudio.com/faq/clamp-testing/

So let me begin.

Amplifier: Hifoinics BXI6000D
      Subwoofer: Fi audio Q 15 wired to 1 ohm
      Box: 4cuft 32hz tuning
      Electrical: 2x 54ah battery & 75a alternator

Clamp result: 1064 Watts (50 Hz)

• By decibel2679
      Redoing my Corolla for the new year. I normally do a ported box around 5 cubes that can go in and out of the trunk when needed but this time I decided to build in the car and to the car. as you can see in the pictures Im doing a trunk build and Im going to seal off the trunk from the cabin. it will take time to finish since I have a busy work schedule right now but I have to be complete by the 18th of Feb so I can attend Freezefest in TN. Any comments or suggestions are welcome understanding I won't be making big changes. its either going to work or its not.

1 18 inch fi SP4 18
      1 B2 audio SLD5k
      2/0 wiring
      xs 3400 under the hood
      northstar 220 in the trunk
      mechman H/O alt
      big 3 done with 2/0
      kenwood HU until I get my new alpine. Im getting the UTE 62bt when I have the chance to hit up Best Buy..
      stay tuned!!
    • By Rich Schenk
      Hello my name is rich and i am currently building a 2000 Mercury Mountaineer my daily driver into a 10k daily driver. I have been doing car stereo since i was 15 and this is going to be the second most advanced system that i have ever put together. So need as much help and criticism as possible. Want to learn as much as i can and have a nice build.
      If you haven't read my other build log i started building a 97 hyundai Tiburon and after having my system up and going for a little over a month the trans blew. was loud as hell needed work but oh well. so had to find another daily driver and wasn't going to give up system so decided to go truck route (5 kids 4 girls, 1 boy)

My goals for this car are
      upper 140s-150 dbs (if possible and musical) (not metered yet) to learn as much as possible (fiberglassing, body work, vinyl work) decent sq (don't want subs to over power everything) start with equipment that i have and slowly but eventually build to bigger and better equipment Build it better then my 03 mitsubishi lancer oz rally (that i miss like a child) alpine iva-d310, pxa-h701, 420i, audiocontol matrix plus, ps2 slim in glovebox, cf Vr804, 2 Vr1000d, excessive amperage 200 amp alt, 2 kinetic power 2400, 1 run tsunami 0, big 3 0 Tsunami, 2 sets of cf x6s one front one rear, 2 mtx 9500 12in d4s, tons of dynamat extreme, varad 1000 color leds in front foot wells, yellow leds in pocket under radio, yellow florescent lights in door pockets walker front bumper canary yellow Loud and Clean daily driver (final goal) (demos, car shows, and competitions) Here is the list of the equipment that i currently have
      HU: pioneer deh 80prs (network mode on  active) RCAs: Streetwires, Connection Singer 340 six phase hairpin amp alternator XS Power D3400 under hood with Custom 1/2 Aluminum Bus Bars (made by me) 1/0 Gauge 3 runs SHCA OFC Big 4 double 1/0 OFC SHCA OFC Distrobution Blocks S.M.D., and directed audio 2 Stinger SVMR Voltmeter (Red) (one for front batt and one for rear Battery bank)
      Skar sk85.4 85x4 @ 4 ohms on 2 sb acoustics neo dome tweeters MMATS Sq4100 100x4 @ 4ohms on 4 silver flute 8s (4ohm) Subs: 6 12in AB xfl d2s soon to be 6 fully built ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4 Sub Amp: 2 DC 5ks with TM dual Inputs and TM quad speaker imputs 4 XS Power D3100s with custom 1/2 aluminum buss bars in rear (made by me) Here is a list of equipment that i want or need may change
      Cooling for amps in rear More interior speakers??? (maybe birch roof) Jy or limitless lithium 80ah Another singer 340 alt get better HU and eq/processor( and maybe a Tablet?)
  • Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 699 Guests (See full list)