I merged 2 threads and things got a little screwed up lol So I added Johns first post to his right here :

This is the official thread for the Tahoe build off :) we hope you enjoy these builds as much as we do!

So we are doing a little friendly competition between Sky High and DC Audio.

A few things fell into place and we ended up having GM SUVS dropped off at the same time so we decided to make some fun out of it.

Rusty, his team, and DC Audios build will consist of the DC Audio Yukon 4 M1 LVL 6 18s with the aluminum baskets. 4 DC Audio 5Ks and a B pillar wall; just to name a few things.

The Sky High's Tahoe will have 6 Lvl 6 m2 18s with aluminum cone and 4 DC 10ks in a B pillar wall.

Rusty and I (Jon) will be both posting pics along the road to crushing every other Tahoe on the west coast.

DC Audio and Sky High have a pretty good and close knit relationship if you guys did not know. This is a friendly build and we are only out to have fun and get some recognition out there for the amazing products going into the builds.

So please enjoy the builds and your input is greatly appreciated.

See you at Lake County Car Audio with both these builds for the finale!!

And Mine starts here - So Alot of you might remember the DC Yukon, Well its at the shop and were going to wall it. Not 100% sure what the plan is but for right now I just removed everything so i can start to measure out the shell. its got for gear (well before I took it all out)

(2) 175.4

(4) 5.0

(4) M1 Lv6's

(2) Alts

(2) Strong Stinger 2150's, The rest of the 2150s are dead and will need to be replaced. The Yukon sat for a while and the battery's are now toast

So Im not sure if it will go flat wall, clam shell, 4th order, 6th order. Part of it will depend on the square footage we end up with.

On with pics of my progress today

tahoeren_zps5cc86780.jpg

Edited by WCA Rusty
  • Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By bigmacjack
      Hey guys! im wondering if anybody here that builds custom subs can give me some info. I just got another subzero so i pulled the motor off and threw it on the bottom of my 12" holees Basket. But, the mounting holes dont line up perfectly so i kinda just had to make it work. i just wanted to know if this would properly center the basket on the motor? and i just wanted to see if this configuration would work? im really excited about this sub and i hope i can make it work! 
    • By Thomas1994
      So my builder, Aho Audio out of Oklahoma, put this together in 12hrs for me today. Huge thanks to him for sticking it out after made the long drive to him.
      Singer 275a 
      D6500 under the hood
      2 d3400 in the back 
      Modified all stock spots to fit 4 Cresendo neo 6.5s and 2 ft1 tweeters. Ran out of time for the Alphard Audio tweeters so future add on down the road. 
      2 Crescendo 15s 
      Sundown ns1 v1 amp
      2 Sundown 50.4 for mids
      Box is tuned around 40hz maybe less, not sure since space was limited and had to get creative to put the box in. 
      Kenwood HU
      Sky High Car Audio power wire
      Rockford and Soundqubed RCAs

• By science
      I’ve recently installed a type r 15 inch dual 4ohm in a sealed 2.5 cubic ft box on a alpine mrp-m1000 in a bmw e63 6 series with logic 7 stereo. I tapped into the subwoofer wires and hooked up a hi to low converter and I have some problems. the first is that some songs just don’t hit hard at all and others hit really well. I know they hit from my last system same amp different subs. Then I have set the gain with a multimeter and where it is quite high I get a pop when I start the car if I bought an audio control lci2 would it allow me to lower the gain and get rid of the pop. Another problem is some songs the levels are way out like the volume is at 5% but the sub is at 65-75% only on this stereo. Please help
    • By bigmacjack
      Nothing really to this post i'm just proud of myself and wanted to show off my work 😎

• By Jake the snake
      Im looking for a subwoofer either 8,10, or 12 inches with a low fs under 30. A qts between 5 and 5.6, also a decent xmax to support music down to 20 hz. I ask these requirements because i had 2 rockford p3 10s which i would buy again in a heartbeat if it werent for the fact that it can only go as low as 28 hz accord to sonicelectronix. i can vouch that it doesnt hit low notes without a loud sharp sound which i thought was coil hitting magnet. So the sub must also play down to 20 hz full power and be at or under 250$. I have also used a morel primo 12 which was a decent replacement but needs more xmax and a bit higher qts but it does hit 20 hz. I am considering buying a cadence s1 w8 but want some feedback from everyone here to see if they have any helpful experiences with similar taste in subwoofers.
  • Who's Online   17 Members, 2 Anonymous, 118 Guests (See full list)