DC Sound Lab

1.2k shuts down at certain frequencies?

Just finished installing my 1.2k on 4 sundown e8s in my grand prix. Here is my electrical run down:

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Stock alt (upgrading soon)

2 XSPOWER D3400s (1 in the stock location and one about 1ft. away from the amp)

Big 3 in american bass ofc 1/0

american bass ofc 1/0 power and ground front to back fused to 300a at front and back batteries (power line only)

american bass ofc 1/0 power and ground to the amp fused to 150a about 10 inches from the battery (power line only)

streetwires 1/0 to 4 ga. reducers heatshrink wrapped to avoid contact between power and ground, drilled for the set screws to hold better in the amp

average rcas

12 ga. speaker wire

Subs are dual 2 ohm, subs individually wired in series, than all 4 in parallel to a single 1 ohm load

DD-1 to tune the cd player and the amp

cd player is good to 61 out of 62

amp can be put to full gain without distortion but is about 3/4

Certain songs will cut the amp off completely after 3 seconds or so, which these are songs that were burned onto a cd from my laptop that i had added the entire cd initially from an actual cd in the first place (yes i still have cds haha) Mainly gucci mane and a couple other rap songs

Other songs will slam for as long as i want.

Almost seems like it's higher frequencies (couldn't tell you what they were, still sub frequencies though)

Any thoughts?

Edited by kryptonite

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

1 and 2 for the headunit and i believe 7 (louder system) for the amp

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

I'm going to be so bold as to say that the tones and their descriptions that come with the DD-1 are :bull:

Using track 7 gives you guaranteed clipping. If you want a louder system, I made an in-between for track 3 and track 5. It's -7.5 and what I personally use. Works fairly well 90% of time time. I'll send it to you if you want it.

So clipping aside: could you verify your voltage drop and ohm load at the amp with a DMM?

yeah i can verify it once it's light outside and my neighbors aren't asleep lol. My voltage drops to 13 flat when i'm driving. Its the stock alt from 2002 still as far as i can tell since i'm second owner. I turn it down at lights and if i'm at a standstill in a parking lot or the like, i increase the rpm to about 2000 to 2500 to simulate driving rpm.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

Where are you reading your voltage from? If it's not at the amp you need to check it there

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Where are you reading your voltage from? If it's not at the amp you need to check it there

I'm interested in that 7.5db track. JS :)

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

voltage is being read at the cd player because it is built into the deck. I can check it at the amp as well, not a big deal. With the battery right at the amp i figured i wouldn't have much problems. Yes i understand i need a better alternator but mechman's pricing has gone up since i got my 270 in my ranger so i'm saving up still lol

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor