BobbyG2 Posted April 29, 2013 Report Posted April 29, 2013 Because I'm a Sundown Nuthugger: Sundown SA 6.5cs Same set, but B-Stock (minor cosmetic blemishes, cheaper) I also looked at some of the more sensitive component sets in your price range, to help ease the pain of low headunit power: Infinity Kappa 60.9cs Hertz DSK 165 Focal Access 165A1 *New vehicle and system coming soon.*
brent379 Posted April 29, 2013 Author Report Posted April 29, 2013 Oooooo I didn't even think about sundown making components!!! Has anyone heard those?? I would like to get a decent mid range of possible and out of all those sets infinitys frequency range says it goes to 45hz... Are those infinities a good choice? I've had one of their lower lines and wasn't really impressed all that much... An both the hertz and focal look bad ass lol
From_the_Valley Posted April 29, 2013 Report Posted April 29, 2013 I have the sundowns and I have to say I really like them. Nothing bad to say. Nice detailed tweets that aren't harsh, and the mid bass sounds decent in my undeadened doors. They can take more clean power than the 60 rms rating too.
Chris Hammer Posted April 29, 2013 Report Posted April 29, 2013 Imo your price range I would give the hertz a shot. People on here seem to really like the hertz component speakers. MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild***** Vehicles 2005 GMC Canyon CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.) crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it. CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg Sold to: Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585 Shower farts still piss me off.I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
brent379 Posted April 29, 2013 Author Report Posted April 29, 2013 I was leaning towards the hertz also... I've read alot of good reviews about them and even on YouTube vids they sound clean lol. Should I even touch the rear door speakers?
BobbyG2 Posted April 29, 2013 Report Posted April 29, 2013 And when you decide to get an amp, something like this would do those Hertz justice: https://www.woofersetc.com/p-9256-sax-1252-sundown-audio-125w-2-channel-amplifier.aspx Could get a second set later on, too. *New vehicle and system coming soon.*
Skullz Posted April 29, 2013 Report Posted April 29, 2013 These speakers are very hard to beat for the price and performance. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_12260_JBL-P660C.html Great amp to power those components with. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_67763_Rockford-Fosgate-P500X2.html 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
brent379 Posted April 29, 2013 Author Report Posted April 29, 2013 Have you heard the jbl's??? An would it be bad to not run the rear speakers and hook one speaker forge components to each channel of the deck?
Skullz Posted April 29, 2013 Report Posted April 29, 2013 The JBL's are awesome and take power like nothing else, the more power you give the more they give back. Very nice set for the price, i generally recommend the jbl's and hertz hsk165's if your budget allows for a more expensive set. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.