SnowDrifter Posted May 3, 2013 Report Posted May 3, 2013 Found this old video. First time I ever heard bass. My friend found some cheap off-brand subs at a thrift shop. 2 10s. Came in a prefab 4th but didn't fit in his trunk. So I did some homework (I always try and get an handle on things before I start. There is always more to it than what it first seems) and found one of those free box-design sites. It gave a cutsheet. So off to home depot, had them cut some wood, threw it together with liquid nails, cut the holes out with a sawzall, threw it in the car and let it rip.First time ever hearing bass... So I'm thinking "OH MY GOSH THE LAPTOP IS BOUNCING ON THE DASH THIS IS SOOOOOO LOUD"I didn't even think to film my face at the time. But I had the biggest grin Anyways... Here's the vid. I nostalgia'd hard when I watched it lol. This is almost 2 years ago ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
Chris Hammer Posted May 3, 2013 Report Posted May 3, 2013 Thats cool man. I remember the first time I heard it was a kid I had a class with in highschool. He had a Kicker comp 15 in a sealed box. I was like wtf that shit is sOOOO loud. MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild***** Vehicles 2005 GMC Canyon CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.) crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it. CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg Sold to: Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585 Shower farts still piss me off.I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
SnowDrifter Posted May 4, 2013 Author Report Posted May 4, 2013 Thats cool man. I remember the first time I heard it was a kid I had a class with in highschool. He had a Kicker comp 15 in a sealed box. I was like wtf that shit is sOOOO loud. It's funny how our standards change eh? ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
sprkn_ranger Posted May 4, 2013 Report Posted May 4, 2013 I remember the first time I heard bass...I was maybe 12 or 13 years old and a car parked next to us with Rockford Fosgate stickers on it. He noticed I was looking at his car so he let it rip...needless to say I was hooked instantly! Btw...what song is that snow? It's the dubstep version right? I think I've heard it before. Check out my build log! 4 Havocs in a blowthrough http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/187506-sprkn-rangers-blowthrough-build/
SnowDrifter Posted May 4, 2013 Author Report Posted May 4, 2013 This one ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
sprkn_ranger Posted May 4, 2013 Report Posted May 4, 2013 Thank you kind sir! I remember hearing it on pandora but couldn't remember what it was called when I wanted to buy it. Check out my build log! 4 Havocs in a blowthrough http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/187506-sprkn-rangers-blowthrough-build/
Quiet Posted May 4, 2013 Report Posted May 4, 2013 There was no YouTube, or even the internet we know when I heard bass the first time. I was 11 or 12 and my neighbor 2 houses down had a 83 cutlass with 16" rims and cut springs.... and a wall with 6 15s. I got hooked immediately. I hung out over there quite a bit and learned enough I built my first system before I could drive. 2007 Pacifica Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.
OrzechNJ Posted May 4, 2013 Report Posted May 4, 2013 The first time I heard bass in vehicle was like 9 years ago in this car it was one 10" on 300watt laying on the back seat.. sometimes Loud is NOT pretty Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.
sprkn_ranger Posted May 5, 2013 Report Posted May 5, 2013 Thank you kind sir! I remember hearing it on pandora but couldn't remember what it was called when I wanted to buy it. Crap...I couldn't find it on iTunes guess I'm gonna have to fire up the laptop and look for it. Check out my build log! 4 Havocs in a blowthrough http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/187506-sprkn-rangers-blowthrough-build/
Markous Posted May 5, 2013 Report Posted May 5, 2013 First time i heard bass was from a couple of rich kids vehicles in H.S. One had a 10" RF and the other had a real nice show type JL setup. This was in the early 90's '07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said: of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger. only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.