soffhands Posted May 11, 2013 Report Posted May 11, 2013 my 1994 saturn has 425,000 miles on the original motor
TRON Posted May 11, 2013 Author Report Posted May 11, 2013 www.autotrader.com if the vehicle is well maintained then I would probably go to 160,000. you get into the 250 to 300 thousand range and you're reaching the life expectancy of most motors. Do you think that $10k is a reasonable price range for a vehicle like that? 160,000 that is. Avalanche Alpine Type S comps Alpine Type S 10'' Alpine MPR-F300 Alpine MRX-M50 Mechamn 270 XS Power d3400s
boom50cal Posted May 11, 2013 Report Posted May 11, 2013 Look for a 99-03 7.3 Crew Cab diesel Ford F-250. $9-14k is generally the price range of them with under 150,000 miles. They last FOREVER if you take care of them. My dad is a service manager for Ford and he has ~60 different customers with 7.3's over 300k on bone stock everything besides swapping head gaskets. They usually need replacing around 200k miles but other then that, those trucks are some of the most solid vehicles ever made, imo. On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said: Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.
Hotdog Posted May 11, 2013 Report Posted May 11, 2013 yes and if you're willing drive a little you can save a lot of money. in 2008 I bought my 2003 Mountaineer for $5,500 from a dealership with only 98,000 miles on it. Jump on autotrader put in your search criteria and the milage you're willing to drive. It will search dealers and private sellers (NEW) 2004 F-150 Build Log -->http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192208-hotdogs-f-150-build-log/ 2003 Mercury Mountaineer Build Log --> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/114380-hotdogs-2003-mountaineer-build-log-20-removed/page__gopid__1602379#entry1602379 2008 Equinox Build Log --> http://www.stevemead...g/#entry1475764
__d_a_v_i_d__ Posted May 11, 2013 Report Posted May 11, 2013 If you're already dropping alot already, get something with less miles. I won't buy a car with over 95k miles . Got my impala with 80k miles . I believe this is my 5th year with it . I'm in store for a used(new to me) car/ motorcycle Chevy Impala Shocker Sigs / TC Sounds 12s Sundown NS-1 | SAX 100.4 Sundown Neos | Dayton Audio Neos ETCCC ETCCC ETCCC My YouTube ---- Subcribe!!
lifted_silverado Posted May 11, 2013 Report Posted May 11, 2013 Or find an older dodge diesel with the 12valve 5.9 cummins. Those things run for 1 million miles when taken care of. Cummins actually has a club for people who reach certain milestones in their engine 250k 500k 750k and more even Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins
Jessica Posted May 11, 2013 Report Posted May 11, 2013 I didn't see it said, but 200km is about 125k miles. Also OP, what currency are you using? It would put things in perspective. I mean, if your budget is 10,000 Yen, then that is an issue. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
TRON Posted May 11, 2013 Author Report Posted May 11, 2013 I didn't see it said, but 200km is about 125k miles. Also OP, what currency are you using? It would put things in perspective. I mean, if your budget is 10,000 Yen, then that is an issue. Good Lord not Yen! I'm in Canada so Canadian dollars. I have though about buying in the US and driving it home but I don't even know where to start looking in the US. Avalanche Alpine Type S comps Alpine Type S 10'' Alpine MPR-F300 Alpine MRX-M50 Mechamn 270 XS Power d3400s
98GCLimited Posted May 11, 2013 Report Posted May 11, 2013 Chevy trucks are some of the most dependable on the road. My stepdad has an 05 silverado with a couple thousand more miles on it than my 98 Jeep and I am quite often fixing random stuff on my Heep and his Chevy just keeps going strong. I have around 143000 miles on my Jeep, hes got atleast 145000miles on his Chevy and its still in prime shape.
mbdblue Posted May 11, 2013 Report Posted May 11, 2013 I would say it 100% depends on how it was taken care of. You could end up buying from a private seller that beat the piss out of it and need some major repairs within a year. I hate to say it, but sometimes that's the good thing about buying from a dealer. Everyone is gonna have different experiences with this...But the best thing to do would be to research the hell out of it (carfaxes, maintenance reports, etc.) or buy from a mechanic that owned the truck and took good care of it. AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.