New Tenney HO Alt Problems

I remember getting flamed more than once on some YouTubers channels for warning people about the road they were about to go down and none of those same people have working Tenny alts...

One thing I would like to point out though... All of these companies compete with one another so you have to take what they say with a grain of salt. On one hand they will say "junk Chinese rotors" and on the other "shitty used rotors" when the fact is that when it comes to GM a used factory rotor is NOT junk.

It's not looking to be a cheap fix like I was hoping and estimated for. :(

Most times it won't be. It's sometimes cheaper, almost always easier, to just buy a new one. I sent Mechman my duds from Iraggi but after conversation I just bought his 270s

Mine were Iraggi's as well, but mine only worked for maybe 14 days out of the 6 months I had them. The AD was worth rebuilding, the DR wasn't.

I do see that since i'm dealing with another ho alt company like my dealer where i got the tenney from said the same thing. Not 100% of that can be proven through words. Unless there's evidence that can be seen to everyone not all of that can be the case.

Chevelle%20Team%20Cover%20without%20RE%2

^Vehicle log to come soon for this.^

I have learned my lesson as well.

Started with an Iraggi, sent that one back twice. Luckily he refunded me but I got burnt on all the shipping.

Then got a Tenney, sent that back once and still don't work worth a shit. The thing goes down to 12.9 at idle and then 14.2 on the gas. Works OK under load full tilt but I had to be at 2500 RPM. And this was with a SUPER small pulley.

Ordered a DC Power 270XP last night. I am done with these shitty little companies.

Dude I sent my Iraggis more times than I prolly remember. All tolled I think I shipped both alts back twice and one once more in the matter of 6 months. He also said he would take my dual alt kit back since it didn't fit right and refund me, but he never sent me shit for that or the belt that was wrong. Tack onto that shipping the one to MM, paying $150-$190 for the AD rebuild, buying a new DR, and selling the Iraggi DR for $200 less than I paid, I lost my ass.

To this day Dom still owes me around $275-$300. Since I've had the MM's I've only had one problem and that repair was cheap, just a blown bearing.

What kills me is there are people buying Doms POS alts again, that guy is a fucking crook.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

I have learned my lesson as well.

Started with an Iraggi, sent that one back twice. Luckily he refunded me but I got burnt on all the shipping.

Then got a Tenney, sent that back once and still don't work worth a shit. The thing goes down to 12.9 at idle and then 14.2 on the gas. Works OK under load full tilt but I had to be at 2500 RPM. And this was with a SUPER small pulley.

Ordered a DC Power 270XP last night. I am done with these shitty little companies.

Same exact thing happened to me with a Singer. (No hate hes an awesome guy) I had the smallest pulley possible on there and it still wouldn't turn on at idle.

Switched to DC power and I'm using a stock size pulley and it's throwing down tons of power at idle.

You ALWAYS get what you pay for with alternators. Don't expect that some random company is gonna pop up and make them cheaper with the same quality.

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

Dom owes me shipping. The first alt he sent me sent off my CEL and also charged at 15.4 in the cold, which is too hight.

Number 2 did not work at all and when I revved the engine after putting it in the voltage went over 17 to the point my VM just read HI

So I am out about 65 on shipping, thankfully I did not take the hit like you did UnderLoK

AS far as Tenney, his alt is just a stocker redone with bigger parts inside I guess but lost ALL its low end power. Fucking junk.

And I have an 05 Outback, so my idle is 500 at a red light which is normal for these cars but still real low in general. I hope the DC power works like Kyle said it would. I have faith in them though, they know what they are doing.

| Pioneer | DC Audio | Crescendo | XS Power | SHCA & Knu | CDT | DC Power |

Dom owes me shipping. The first alt he sent me sent off my CEL and also charged at 15.4 in the cold, which is too hight.

Number 2 did not work at all and when I revved the engine after putting it in the voltage went over 17 to the point my VM just read HI

So I am out about 65 on shipping, thankfully I did not take the hit like you did UnderLoK

AS far as Tenney, his alt is just a stocker redone with bigger parts inside I guess but lost ALL its low end power. Fucking junk.

And I have an 05 Outback, so my idle is 500 at a red light which is normal for these cars but still real low in general. I hope the DC power works like Kyle said it would. I have faith in them though, they know what they are doing.

Read my post above yours. I also have a 03 outback and DC took good care of me.

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

now im glad i listened to all the people on here and didn't go with him.. too bad at the moment i can't afford the dcpower alt

better to have a working stock alt, than a non working tenney alt, and you would have spent more money in the long run not going with quality on the first try, so you have made the right decision.

XS-power1.jpg

I hate reading stuff like this...I have a feeling I will be switching soon as well.

Mine is still workin good for the time being. So much for the lifetime warranty though... Hopefully ill not have to replace it for a while

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

Mine is still workin good for the time being. So much for the lifetime warranty though... Hopefully ill not have to replace it for a while

x2 but these threads worry me...

Archived