4 PWX 6.5s on a C1100.4?

Sergeant_Skyrim

You can easily fit a box for 2 12s into your trunk.

Go from the front, threw where rear seats go, you may need to do some trimming but you can easilly fot 6 cubes. I fit 7.5 cubes into a 1995 grandam And a little bigger into a 1994 cavalier

word

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Shitt that's a lot of power for door speakers lol,yes you have it right but I'm pretty sure your speakers will drown the subs temporary untill you get your 9k. Also,are you planning on two tweets on the same channel as said above? Or 4 tweets in 2ch stereo? I would keep everything in stereo,mono imaging sounds....well... Mono don't have imaging lol

Want to see that when it's finished.

Can't tell if you don't have any faith or are genuinely interested haha :P

You can easily fit a box for 2 12s into your trunk.

Go from the front, threw where rear seats go, you may need to do some trimming but you can easilly fot 6 cubes. I fit 7.5 cubes into a 1995 grandam And a little bigger into a 1994 cavalier

The problem with doing this is that there are 2 pieces of metal where the rear seats used to sit against, that go from the middle of the sides and slope towards the top of that opening. I'd have to cut them in order to slide anything in from the front which I'm unable to do. Wanting to keep the car in shape to where I can put everything back to complete stock *IF* absolutely needed. On top of that I'd have to worry about cramming the box with both Zcons into the trunk, in addition to the 9k, C1100.4, my current XP3000, another 3000, etc. I'm not trying to compete in any specific classes or even competing at all, this is just for my enjoyment :)

Shitt that's a lot of power for door speakers lol,yes you have it right but I'm pretty sure your speakers will drown the subs temporary untill you get your 9k. Also,are you planning on two tweets on the same channel as said above? Or 4 tweets in 2ch stereo? I would keep everything in stereo,mono imaging sounds....well... Mono don't have imaging lol

edit: Yeah I've been bassless for the past month and a half now and I've realized how shitty the mids/highs stage is lol. So hopefully after installing the PWXs and whatever tweets I decide to go with I'll be happy with that haha

Yeah I actually forgot one of the old BRZ2100s still work so I'm gonna have the subs up on that at 2 ohms instead. As for the tweets though, I did a bit more research and came across these tweets and am thinking about running 4 of the (50w RMS 4 ohm a piece) at a 4 ohm load on one channel for a total of 180w to all 4 (~45 a piece). Any thoughts on these tweets?

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

I knpw how your trunk opening is happed

You can fit 31w 29d 14t threw the rear opening pretty easy, Subs up port side, I did a 146@32hz on a pair of 12s and 3k

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

I knpw how your trunk opening is happed

You can fit 31w 29d 14t threw the rear opening pretty easy, Subs up port side, I did a 146@32hz on a pair of 12s and 3k

Fair enough good sir! Another reason that I've decided to wall it off though is because of the speakers/tweets. I don't have any fiberglass experience so I figured I could just place them all in there as well :)

No lol I am interested haha. Think it should do some good work hahaha

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Gotta learn somehow.

Had a buddy try to make a set of pillars.. He brought a semi finished product over and it was no good. But he tried his best. I spent the weekend showing him how to make a-pillars. Learn from your mistakes!

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

No lol I am interested haha. Think it should do some good work hahaha

Sweet! I haven't personally ever seen a wall for 2 12s and mids/highs so I'm pretty interested to see how it'll turn out. Just hoping I'll finally be happy with how loud it gets!

Gotta learn somehow.

Had a buddy try to make a set of pillars.. He brought a semi finished product over and it was no good. But he tried his best. I spent the weekend showing him how to make a-pillars. Learn from your mistakes!

Yeah, I'll probably try my hand at that sort of stuff eventually but being in college and working full time pretty much (2nd week at new job and I'm already getting overtime this week xD) kinda limits how fast I can learn another car-audio related thing. Still working on trying to get paint down so that I can be ready to pretty the wall up when it finally does come

• 3 weeks later...

A wall for 2 12s?

If i understand your post, Yes it will work

Want to see that when it's finished.

I know this thread is a couple weeks old, but I didn't forget about you guys! Got this done up last weekend. Wall for 4 PWX 6.5s and 2 Zcon 12s for now. Tweeters are on the way so I don't have those yet. I really love how clean this sounds compared to the last few builds. By far the cleanest of them all, and the subs are only on about 1/3-1/4 power at the moment (BRX2000 @ 2 ohms temp). Let me know what you guys think, still need to make up side panels to screw in perpendicular to the wall to completely seal it along the b-pillar back window area if that makes sense.

Also to note, the PWXs are in 2 separate sealed boxes on each side. Still need to polyfil them at some point and work on adjusting the airspace if necessary.

DSCN2655_zpseea244e4.jpg

DSCN2656_zpsaf8e3591.jpg

DSCN2662_zpsbcf43218.jpg

DSCN2664_zps7103763d.jpg

Archived