Second Skin Audio

Not much bass in cabin of my 2012 charger - help!!!

A few months ago I had a custom sealed box built for my two 12" Alpine Type R. Running them I have a kicker 1500.1 amp (750x2 rms). I'm using the factory unit which has nav, bluetooth, ,temp controls, etc. I have a 100x6 JL amp running the Alpine that came with my car.

Here's my problem. I don't get much bass in the cabin of my car. Some music, mostly pop/dance sounds good, but much of everything else is missing the bass. Rock just sounds empty! For the power I have going to them my car should be thumping! I'm told it's just the accoustics of the car...someone else tried cutting a hole in my rear dec, which didn't do much...the latest Im told is that a new box needs to be built, ported to that hole in my rear deck.

Can anyone provide some guidance/insight on what I should do to get the sound I'm looking for, mainly more bass in my cabin?

Sealed enclosures don't have the output, or more importantly... the low end exteansion of ported.

I'm also not sure how great Type-R's are in sealed.

My vote is rebuild for ported. But I don't recommend porting through the hole in the deck. You'll run into cancellation issues unless it's a bandpass alignment.

Yeah sure ported boxes are great but not superior to sealed boxes

overall.. You said that your box is professionally built. I'm suspecting

That you have cancellation issues or a leaky box... Can you post some

pics of your sub stage?

X

MY BUILD LOG>>>> NAH I BETTER NOT..

pics of your sub stage?

X

I suppose that would depend on what your definition of "superior" is.

Not sure what sort of cancellation you think he might have, unless you think he has polarity swapped on one. Which, I suppose, is a possibility.

I'm trying to think in this situation how a sealed enclosure will be superior to anything. Sealed definitely isn't going to have the output one might look for but...where the enclosure is, firing, and placement will all play a part.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

pics of your sub stage?

X

I suppose that would depend on what your definition of "superior" is.

Not sure what sort of cancellation you think he might have, unless you think he has polarity swapped on one. Which, I suppose, is a possibility.

Well this guy is all about PWK, so that kinda says something.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I'm trying to think in this situation how a sealed enclosure will be superior to anything. Sealed definitely isn't going to have the output one might look for but...where the enclosure is, firing, and placement will all play a part.

Transfer function, group delay, FR, blah blah blah. But I have a feeling this isn't a high level SQ build.

At the end of the day... it's (2) average 12's on 1.5k in a trunk with seats that don't fold down.

Yeah, I meant this specific situation. OP seems to not be worried about those factors at all, lol. He wants the thump inside his cabin. At least he's not trying to set off alarms two blocks down the road.

Horns. Count em

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived