Homemade Super-Neo Woofer: THE CHEVELLE RESTORATION IS DONE, dampener recommendations??

Hold up... You wound your own coil?

Yeah man, it's a lot easier than I though. When I wind my mega-woofer coils I be sure to catch a video, but my boss wasn't there to help me today so I didn't have any free hands, and I had to keep all my crap on during the anodizing bath because of all the chemicals and acid.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Yeah man, it's a lot easier than I though. When I wind my mega-woofer coils I be sure to catch a video, but my boss wasn't there to help me today so I didn't have any free hands, and I had to keep all my crap on during the anodizing bath because of all the chemicals and acid.

That's badass. Nuff said.

2012 Jeep Wrangler 3.6 W/ 6 Speed

Build Log

2011 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor 6.2

Build Log

YouTube

That's badass. Nuff said.

Thanks bro! :D

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

That's really cool. I'd love to see a video of how it's done

Let me ask you this: How do you change the impedance of the coil? Is it possible to do that without changing the outer diameter of the windings *slightly*?

So when can I place an order? :D

Well if I can make some college money over summer, I might just do that lol

That's really cool. I'd love to see a video of how it's done

Let me ask you this: How do you change the impedance of the coil? Is it possible to do that without changing the outer diameter of the windings *slightly*?

Well for my coil, using 0.405mm (23awg) wire, I wrapped it about 75 turns for about 150 turns per coil. For a bl of 46mm, and diameter of 63.4mm, and with my wire having a 0.1332-ohm/m, giving me a length of about 30.1m of wire for an impedance of approximately 4.02-ohm per coil

But it's important to remember that resistance and impedance are not the same.

So to answer your question, I believe the only way to change it (without changing the diameter of the wire or former) would be to either wind more or remove some coil, which I would imagine to be very difficult and possibly damaging to the voice coil once it has been set in epoxy and wound tightly.

This is the calculator I use now, I used it for my second coil, my first one was just math on paper, so I should be even more exact now. It's almost perfect but the bobbin length box annoys me, it doesn't seem to be super clear as to what they want from it, it takes it as if you want to actually wind the coil the full bobbin length. But you get the idea here:

http://www.daycounter.com/Calculators/Coil-Physical-Properties-Calculator.phtml

I'll do the raw formula data for you guys if you want to try it yourself.

T = bl / d

n = Turns/ T

cd = (2 x n x d) + bd

r = (n x d + bd) / 2

a = PI x r x r

L = (2 x PI x r x n) / 1000

rpm = .0333 *((0.812/2)*(0.812/2))/((d/2)*(d/2))

R = rpm x L

Where,

T = Turns per winding

bl = Length of Bobbin

d = Wire Diameter

n = Number of windings

cd = Outer diameter of coil

bd = Diameter of Bobbin

r = radius of middle of coil

a = Cross sectional area

L = Total Length

rpm = Resistance/meter

R = Resistance

I missed Alan.

wow dude, looks like you know your shit, keep up the good work

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress)

NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors)
Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers
Stock rear speakers

MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp
Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp
DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm
Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

I know I said I wan gonna swap the coils today, but I had alot of unexpected crap to deal with today. Then when I got home I was going to start until my dad got on my back about finishing all these damn college forms........so I didn't get to it today. But I should have it in tomorrow.

I missed Alan.

Archived