Homemade Super-Neo Woofer: THE CHEVELLE RESTORATION IS DONE, dampener recommendations??

guys. can a crossover switch my polarity? The sub is definitely wired correctly, did 3 different battery tests, switched the wires, hooked it up both ways, and no matter what, the sub always pulses inward?? The amp has a built in crossover that has a switch for "Bypass or Variable" and either way it pulses inwards...

If you think your sub is moving the wrong direction just reverse the positive and negative to test.

check that your head unit or whatever is providing the signal to the amp doesnt have the output phase reversed.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

guys. can a crossover switch my polarity? The sub is definitely wired correctly, did 3 different battery tests, switched the wires, hooked it up both ways, and no matter what, the sub always pulses inward?? The amp has a built in crossover that has a switch for "Bypass or Variable" and either way it pulses inwards...

If you think your sub is moving the wrong direction just reverse the positive and negative to test.

check that your head unit or whatever is providing the signal to the amp doesnt have the output phase reversed.

Yea, I did the reverse, and it pulses inwards both ways around. As far as the phase goes, it's built onto the amp, and it switches from 0*-180* but I havent tried that yet. lol it's too late to do a bass test

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

You might have the magnets "upside down"

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Neither phase nor magnet orientation would cause the sub to suck in.

I'd be willing to bet it's because of the weight of the cone / loose suspension. Sometimes it's a box design too

Try this: Flip the box upsideown so the sub is facing down and see if it pushes out this time

Neither phase nor magnet orientation would cause the sub to suck in.

I'd be willing to bet it's because of the weight of the cone / loose suspension. Sometimes it's a box design too

Try this: Flip the box upsideown so the sub is facing down and see if it pushes out this time

Lol alright, I'll try that out tomorrow.

and STEvil, the direction of the magnetic poles would not matter if I tried and switched the polarity anyway, instead of the normal North/South, it would be upside-down, but switching the polarity would "fix" it if that actually mattered. It would just mean the whole sub would be working backwards, but would still look just like a normal sub.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

Man with a mind like that at your age you best be filling out those college papers like your dad said, would be a shame to see all that knowledge go to waste

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress)

NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors)
Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers
Stock rear speakers

MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp
Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp
DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm
Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

Man with a mind like that at your age you best be filling out those college papers like your dad said, would be a shame to see all that knowledge go to waste

But nothing is even due until July 15th, we don't graduate until thursday lol. But thats the way my family goes, on both sides. Grandpa and my dad are ridiculous engineers, academics is the only thing that matters to them....

But I appreciate the thought man lol, most people can't believe my lowest grade is in math.....but she makes homework worth like 40% of the stupid grade, and she literally assigns 4 hours of crazy HW a night, no matter what. Like were not all math-crazed asians out here, cut us some slack woman.

AIN'T NO SENIORS GOT NO TIME FOR 'DAT!

I missed Alan.

I was gonna crack an asian joke when you posted that formula for winding that coil but i restrained myself... lol :peepwall:

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress)

NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors)
Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers
Stock rear speakers

MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp
Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp
DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm
Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

Archived