changing rca's and dd-1

so im currently using some cheap rca's that were in the car when i get it and im gonna be getting some new and better rca's soon. my amp is currently dd-1'd and i was wondering if it should be done again after installing better rca's? im thinking the answer is yes because a lower qaulity set of rca's would have more resistance and the better rca's would have less resistance. with less resistance there is less voltage drop through the wire so the amp would be seeing a higher input voltage.

any knowledge or testing done on this?

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Yeah but that just showed the resistance of the wire right? My question is does the resistance of the wire play a factor in setting the gain?

Since the gain setting is dependent on the pre out voltage and the more voltage you gain with less resistance the lower you gain would need to be. At least that's my theory behind.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

It *shouldn't* unless your previous RCAs had a problem - like a channel was out.

Currently I have my amp in 2ch mode with both front and rear gain set with a dd-1. RCA being used the previous owner got with a Walmart amp install kit. I have some Rockford rca on the way. I'll be putting.my amp back into 4 channel and running my mids on the rear channel and tweets on the front. The hu (80 prs ) will be in network mode with the mid rca going to the rear channel and the high rca going to the front channel.

Now would it be a good idea to re dd-1 since ill be changing rcas and switching the 400.4 to 4ch mode or should I be good?

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I would just do it again regardless even if it's a PITA to do with your setup just so you have peace of mind of everything set up properly to not fry anything. That's my opinion anyways...

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

was going to, dont see the harm in doing it agian. the only down side is i dont have a dd-1 and ill have to find a time to get with the person that did it for me last time.

the point of the thread was more for finding out if different rca's can affect your gain settings. i gues we will know more once i have to re dd-1.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

I'd say so. I mean, would it vary a lot? I doubt it. But, cheap RCA's are cheap. Not built for quality. You're upgrading to better ones. Technically, RCA = RCA. Shouldn't matter. But tell me, why do we spend the $$ on good HDMI cable? On good power wire? On any wire? Because we want the good quality. It's just...better. Less resistance and such. So I think there may be a small difference. Very very small. But, a difference none the less.

Sheena = pedobear

I'd say so. I mean, would it vary a lot? I doubt it. But, cheap RCA's are cheap. Not built for quality. You're upgrading to better ones. Technically, RCA = RCA. Shouldn't matter. But tell me, why do we spend the $$ on good HDMI cable? On good power wire? On any wire? Because we want the good quality. It's just...better. Less resistance and such. So I think there may be a small difference. Very very small. But, a difference none the less.

thats what im thinking, and it might not be a small enough difference to realy matter but it also doesnt take long to dd-1 so why not just do it for piece of mind?

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Archived