Second Skin Audio

Box rise trusty enough for 0.7 Ohms?

Yates

then you aren't at .7

you are at .5 or 2

plus what Hugh said.

the 2 ohms is what the specs say 0.7 ohms is what I measured

don't go by what you measured. you have 2 ohm voice coils, your options are .5 and 2 (and 8 I suppose if you wanted it)

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Wait... Are you saying you wanna run one wiring for daily and one for comps?

no, what he is saying is that he is wired at an impedance below what his amplifier is rated for, and is hoping for his impedance rise to bring the load back into an operable range for the amplifier. the problem with this is that it doesnt change the nominal load as well.

this is why so many spl competitors use impedance coils between the amps and subs.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

then you aren't at .7

you are at .5 or 2

plus what Hugh said.

don't go by what you measured. you have 2 ohm voice coils, your options are .5 and 2 (and 8 I suppose if you wanted it)

wiring it and measuring it with an accurate dmm is the best way. that way you know what you have for sure, since wiring and connections and what not all effect electrical resistance, or as common folks call it, impedance.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Only 150a of fusing for a "3200" watt rms amp? You'll be lucky to get around 10.7 00 @ 1 ohm if you can keep your electrical up. Anyways, 0.7 might be ok I personally wouldn't.

I want to go to competitions and have a daily driver my amp is a SPL FX1-5500 its 1 ohm stable my subs are two blaupunt vpw 460 18" 1800 watts rms each dvc at 2 ohms per coil in parallel they are 0.7 0.8 ohms I would only use this for completions same Hz round 45Hz havent tested where my amp or subs peak yet but I was wondering if I could use the box rise to my advantage is this safe I have heard of this amp being run at 0.7 ohms but I want to make sure my amp and the rest of my equipment is safe thank you I will upgrade amps later after my alternator upgrade

If this is a burp box pull out the clamp meter and start testing. See where you are at. We can't really help you tune over the internet haha

then you aren't at .7

you are at .5 or 2

plus what Hugh said.

wiring it and measuring it with an accurate dmm is the best way. that way you know what you have for sure, since wiring and connections and what not all effect electrical resistance, or as common folks call it, impedance.

Using a DMM helps verify that you have everything wired correctly and have quality connections by measuring the resistance. I am confused by your definition of impedance though.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

then you aren't at .7

you are at .5 or 2

plus what Hugh said.

Measuring with a dmm with give you what the DC impedance load is. That is not the same a the nominal impedance of what the speaker is tho. It'll be somewhat close but it is not the actual impedance. Go buy what the speaker says on it for it's impedance. With the equipment you have (and don't have yet needed for a stable voltage supply, unless your alternator puts out a good 150 amps already) I wouldn't run it below 1 ohm. Just my 2 cents

Wait... Are you saying you wanna run one wiring for daily and one for comps?

no, what he is saying is that he is wired at an impedance below what his amplifier is rated for, and is hoping for his impedance rise to bring the load back into an operable range for the amplifier. the problem with this is that it doesnt change the nominal load as well.

this is why so many spl competitors use impedance coils between the amps and subs.

Oh ok I gotcha. I don't know how I even got that out of his original post.

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

Archived