Pro audio vs Components?

sourdsul

Given my type of install and power ... I'd be willing to be that my component front stage would be able to keep up with 150 db plus with no problems ... I just feel that I do not need that much bass for my system.

I'd run components in my f150 if I could afford it, I have around $350 in pa gear and they keep up with my mid 50db substage. I highly doubt $350 worth of components could keep up. When I get my amp fixed I might just throw my hertz hsk165's on 180w per side in there to see if they can keep up, $430 worth of comps vs $350 worth of p.a.

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

I think it all depends on the type of music you listen to (rap,hip hop,R&B,pop,rock,jazz or what ever else), My selenium 6w4p's and my precision power pt.2 sound very good.

I get complemented every day. I must have done something right or got lucky. Most rap music today don't sound good on anything anyways.

2009 bmw 5 series

Head Unit Stock

Amplifier-JL Audio JX 360/4

Processor- Audiocontrol LC6

It's all about the drivers you use and the tuning (processing). My stereo plays everything well. Whether it is jazz, trip hop, rock, opera, bluegrass, progressive house, rap etc. lol

A pro audio setup can have a laid back sound too. ^^^^^ And I disagree with Agreene. Pro audio gear has a great deal of detail. I wouldn't stand behind that with some 5 dollar PA speakers but with my gear definitely. People may also be mistaking a difference in efficiency for a laid back sound. Not saying that comp. sets don't have a laid back sound but pro audio speakers can too.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

its all about Goals, application, and installation ... and of course trial and error

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Have been racking my brain about this as of late. I am working on putting my set together and have subs, amps, processing, wire, deadener, and electrical. I am hoping for 150 from the trunk and just need to decide on my front stage. This thread could not have come at a better time, and I agree with one of Kylar's earlier posts, as this is what a thread should be like. Lots and lots of great knowledge and respectable opinions based on personal experience, with some very helpful links sprinkled in. I haven't come to a concrete decision yet, but wanted to thank you guys for the input. I am definitely much closer now.

Have been racking my brain about this as of late. I am working on putting my set together and have subs, amps, processing, wire, deadener, and electrical. I am hoping for 150 from the trunk and just need to decide on my front stage. This thread could not have come at a better time, and I agree with one of Kylar's earlier posts, as this is what a thread should be like. Lots and lots of great knowledge and respectable opinions based on personal experience, with some very helpful links sprinkled in. I haven't come to a concrete decision yet, but wanted to thank you guys for the input. I am definitely much closer now.

If you have a budget in mind I can steer you to some great gear.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Archived