Sonic Electronix

Thinking about making a lifes career in car audio. looking for input from anybody!

Whats up everybody. My name is Marcus Davis. I am 22 years old and I am very interested in being apart of the car audio industry. As of moment I don't have a job and I want to make this my career instead of working at another dead end job. I have been day dreaming about getting into this field for awhile now ever since i.did my first install which was really shity but it worked and it hit pretty nice. Now I'm alot better and learned alot through the courses I've taken so far. Now, since I've gone through my divorce and left with nothing I'm wanting to post an ad on craigslist offering basic installations for people who already have the equipment but dont want to go to a shop to have it installed to make some extra money so I can get back on my feet, put money back into what im doing for wiring,harnesses,etc. and eventually save up for a shop. But, im just afraid of fuckin up and afraid of failure.

I know this is a long ass post but I really need some advice from anyone.

How about finding the best audio shop in your area and do some type of internship? We all make mistakes in life dude. What's done is done. I won't piss on your idea and say don't so it. Just be aware it is a slow process. Good luck man!

Get your ass in school. Even trade school of some sort. The felony sux and will close a lot of doors - yeah it sux but you will have to deal with it. But the more positive stuff you can put between the felony charge and now the better. Educate yourself, do volunteer work, go to church.

Unless you have money to invest in the industry its not something you can just jump into with no real experience or credentials and hope to be successful. Entry level installers don't make much more if anything more than a cook.

Edited to add this:

I say this not to be rude or shoot down your dreams, this is just what I would be thinking and telling myself to do if I was in your situation.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

Mobile solutions has a great install and fabrication class. It's mostly hands on. They also have job placement assistance. I think adding the fabrication certification would be a great help.

Archived