I dont think I would really mind it, I'll only have to work two weekend days a month to make about a 200$ payment.

But then you have Gas, Insurance, Friends bumming rides, Building a system... It never ends once started...

2010 Chevy  HHR Panel (Work in progress)

Pioneer AVHX-5800BHS

McLaren MLM880's and MLT2's 2ea per door on a DC 175.4

Two DC Audio M4 Level 5 15's On A DC5K

Alt CES 200/270+

4ea Banks of Maxwell 2.7v 3000f caps for a total of 2000f

1ea XS 3100 and 2ea NSB FT170 Batts for 450+ah 

Not a HUGE build but here it is... DC Audio HHR Build

TDH-skater229.jpg
SkaterLogo.jpg

I have to agree with everyone else. As a minor? You cannot get a loan. You have to... HAVE to... be a co-signer. At 17, I don't think it's legal for a bank to give you a loan, alone.

But otherwise, should be fine. I mean, I did one for a $17,000 loan at 18.. and was a co-signer. But now my credit is BALLIN so can get approved for a lot. Lol. Got a loan for $23,000 or so few months ago. Hell, Chode (if he checks in this thread) might be able to look it up but Bobby at his shop signed me up for their credit card thing and said I got approved for the most they've ever seen. Lol. Just pay your bills and you'll be straight. Just sucks startin out.

Sheena = pedobear

lol with my credit score I could buy a house on malibu's coastline if I wanted....thanks mom! at least somebody knew what they were doing in my family. Day I turned 18, we were at that visa game. I charge an ungodly amount of gasoline and audio parts to it, and pay it every month, so my credit, like Wasted's, is "Ballin'..."

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

True true I'll probably end up working more my senior year.

Bank's don't like "probably" man. You nearly HAVE to have a solid 6-8 months worth of pay stubs from the same employer to even step into a loan officer's office(words of my banker, which has also been my dad's banker since 2004-05ish). Honestly man, I don't think you should step into this ordeal. If you already have a vehicle, invest your money into it.

Let me give you a little rundown on my F-250's costs.

1990 F-250, $1500 - $500 down financed $1000 @ 5.45% interest for 12 months. My monthly payment is $98.76, so that's pretty much $100 a month. The truck gets 10 mpg(at best), has 2 20 gallon tanks. 3.50 a gallon for gas, and I drive ~200 miles a week, so that's $140-150 every TWO weeks on gas. At most, there's $300 a month in gas. So you're up to $400 a month in expenses, minus insurance. Adding it to my families existing policy made us go up like $30 a month. Various other expenses a month for it would put me out about $450 in total a month IF I daily drove it, like you are probably wanting to do with the vehicle you want. The F-250 is just my toy though, and an occasional work truck/tow pig.

As a highschool kid, working 20-30 hours a week, I'm averaging $325 a check, so $650 a month or so. $200 extra to save/eat on/take bitches out/college money/etc, isn't a whole lot AT ALL man. Tickets? Man forget about them. Don't commit yourself to a $200-300 a month payment for the next 2-3 years. Stick to whatever vehicle you have right now. Put some money into it, build a nice system, clean it up, hell even sell it and try to make a profit off of it(no subs then, well amps actually, just HU and coax's but O/T).

If you want to commit yourself to a payment every month, go ahead and try all you want to get approve for a loan. My final statement is though, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Well I got denied for the loan I guess my mom's credit score isnt all that good and she has some other stuff to deal with. They didnt ask much about my pay or ask for my pay stubs as I anticipated, but I figure its for the best that I dont have payments yo deal with anyway.

Basshead-in-Training

As a co-signer, you don't matter. I mean, you do but no you don't. It's like 95% towards the signer, in this case, it would've been your mom. Granted, the car would've been for you. It's your bill, your responsibility. Bank doesn't see it that way. You have no track record, no history of how you are with money. Or if you do, it's very very little. So if you don't pay? They don't care, it's your mom they go after. So they'll pull up your credit to find either nothing or very little and cool... whatever. They really only care about the actual signer, when it's situations like this. Like a parent buying a car for a kid.

It does change when it's 2 adults. I was told to not have my mom co-sign for me because it'd hurt the interest rate. Her score was 600's or low 700's while mine was high 700's. So did it myself and yeah. But that's because both people have history. Doesn't apply here because you have none or very little.

Sheena = pedobear

Archived