No... You can live on minimum wage. You just won't live in the lap of luxury with 3 kids and a dog on minimum wage. Minimum wage = minimum standard of living. Food, clothes, shelter. Not sure when it became the cool thing to make a career out of minimum wage jobs. They are a stepping stone, not your final pedestal

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

No... You can live on minimum wage. You just won't live in the lap of luxury with 3 kids and a dog on minimum wage. Minimum wage = minimum standard of living. Food, clothes, shelter. Not sure when it became the cool thing to make a career out of minimum wage jobs. They are a stepping stone, not your final pedestal

Not saying they deserve the $15/hr but you absolutely can not afford food, shelter, and clothing with minimum wage even if you're a single person.

• Like (+1 Rep) 3

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

you cant live off minimum because i make more and cant make it

but still that job does not require special skill to do.. shit now its just a microwave. you cant live off minimum but it dont mean they should get paid more

Can debate over messenger if ya want, if not, that's cool too. Don't want to fill up the RPP with that hah

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

im am going to be the guy who says this.

did anyone else notice how many "non-whites" are not at work asking for money in that video?

Not saying they deserve the $15/hr but you absolutely can not afford food, shelter, and clothing with minimum wage even if you're a single person.

Nope.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Quick example just because. If a min wage, lets say $10/hr for ease, worker pulls 35 hours a week (yeah right), thats only $1400. Now take out 15% federal tax, a few bucks each for Medicaid, SS, etc., and you're down to around $1100. My rent is $1160 LOL. I challenge you to find cheaper in my area. Relocation is too costly in itself.

And in no way am I saying they should get more. You get room mates or rent a room from someone until you make more money.

EDIT: Forgot to say, there is the option of a second job. You got no money for pleasure and fun anyway LOL..

Edited by OrionStang

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread