I just put a wire to my grounded frame, spent all of $0.01 doing so.

It will not work on a headunit that needs to have the parking brake wire ground released from ground, and grounded again to engage the video playback feature of the radio.

There are also headunits out there that are triple pulse, meaning what I said above but 3 times.

A simple grounded out brake wire does nothing on the newer model screens today.

That only works on rather old headunits, and cheap no name crap like Eonon and probably things likee pyle, jensen, dual, etc..

• Like (+1 Rep) 4

On my avic z130bt I had to pull one of the pins from the harness, move it down one position and ground that wire out along with the parking brake wire and problem solved.

My very first jvc dvd player back in the day you just had to ground out the parking brake wire.

Newer stuff isn't so simple but there are cheap products out there that do all the hard work for you so it's still pretty easy.

Edited by Broke_Audio_Addict
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.