Sundown Audio

Anyone own a SoundQubed amp?

Stephen Dunnington

That's great to hear. I don't see people posting info like this. I apologize for my claims.

When you google these amps pages like these come up with little to no hard evedience. People see these pages and go by those words. See with the extra info it makes it clearer that the product is reliable. Now I see that and understand so.

But my point still exist though. I'm not wrong when I say it unreliable with out the electrical to back it up. Their are amps that do the same performance with stock electrical..but you pay for that. That's the tradeoff.

Example

$700 amp from Matti's does 2000w fine on stock close to stock electrical

Or

Soundqubed 2200w amp for $430 but have to upgrade electrical to sustain it.

Pay for what u get...not to mention the other features that come with the higher priced amps like build quality, component, service, sq etc.

But my point still exist though. I'm not wrong when I say it unreliable with out the electrical to back it up. Their are amps that do the same performance with stock electrical..but you pay for that. That's the tradeoff.

Example

$700 amp from Matti's does 2000w fine on stock close to stock electrical

Or

Soundqubed 2200w amp for $430 but have to upgrade electrical to sustain it.

Pay for what u get...not to mention the other features that come with the higher priced amps like build quality, component, service, sq etc.

Lol wuh. You can have stock electrical on SQ gear. I did in my civic and now in my ford escape. Big 3 is the only upgrade done.

Edit: Also, the 2200d can put out a little more than 2200 at 14v

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Our amps have been proven 1000's of times both in the lanes and in daily drivers for reliability and performance. Many endusers run our 2200D1 on stock electrical with the big 3. We do recommend an extra battery and HO alt for best performance. Our 1200 watt amp requires only 4 gauge wiring. If you are going to run our 3500D, (4300 watts at 1 ohm) you will have to upgrade your electrical . We recommend 2 runs of "O" gauge power&ground, HO alt and a couple of extra batteries. It takes power to make power.

We can afford to produce very high quality products because we are factory direct sales and do not support a dealer base business model nor the extra 40-60% dealer profit margin that goes with it. We take that 40-60% dealer profit margin and give it back to the enduser in the form of lower prices and better products for comparatively priced products. We can afford to give our vendors an "open checkbook" for the best parts and production methods available. We know that our products will be abused so we build them as strong and durable as possible. We service all of our products and offer low cost recones. Recones sales are not a profit center for us, they are a part of good customer service.

Audioque/Soundqubed has been in business 12 years and our business has grown each and every year. We are a family owned business and sell factory direct through the internet. We have no plans to become a "dealer based" business. Our extended family has been in the audio business for over 25 years both as an OEM builder for other companies and our own products. We are debt free, pay our employees a living wage, and appreciate each and every one of our customers. We intend to be around for many years to come.

dj

Never had issues with my 2200, ran it daily on 3 American bass XR @ .67

Edit- with an extra xs 950xp & big 3

2 Soundqubed SQ1-2200D

1 Soundqubed Q4-120

4 American Bass VFL 65MR

2 American Bass HD 15's

2 American Bass MX-250T

2 American Bass MX-252T

4 XS Power XP950

Tons of Sky High Car Audio Cable

"Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else......

improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science..."

Our amps have been proven 1000's of times both in the lanes and in daily drivers for reliability and performance. Many endusers run our 2200D1 on stock electrical with the big 3. We do recommend an extra battery and HO alt for best performance. Our 1200 watt amp requires only 4 gauge wiring. If you are going to run our 3500D, (4300 watts at 1 ohm) you will have to upgrade your electrical . We recommend 2 runs of "O" gauge power&ground, HO alt and a couple of extra batteries. It takes power to make power.

We can afford to produce very high quality products because we are factory direct sales and do not support a dealer base business model nor the extra 40-60% dealer profit margin that goes with it. We take that 40-60% dealer profit margin and give it back to the enduser in the form of lower prices and better products for comparatively priced products. We can afford to give our vendors an "open checkbook" for the best parts and production methods available. We know that our products will be abused so we build them as strong and durable as possible. We service all of our products and offer low cost recones. Recones sales are not a profit center for us, they are a part of good customer service.

Audioque/Soundqubed has been in business 12 years and our business has grown each and every year. We are a family owned business and sell factory direct through the internet. We have no plans to become a "dealer based" business. Our extended family has been in the audio business for over 25 years both as an OEM builder for other companies and our own products. We are debt free, pay our employees a living wage, and appreciate each and every one of our customers. We intend to be around for many years to come.

dj

This right here is why Im wanting to go strictly SQ in my new vehicle as a whole build. I love my 2200D for the abuse I give this thing it doesn't show it a bit. Got a bit warm on this one 100deg Missouri day but that was full tilt for over an hour drive no A/C lol..

'97 Explorer
2 Sundown SA 15's

SQ 2200D

Kinetik KHC1800 (Front)

Kinetik KHC 2000 (Back)

KnuKonceptz 1/0 OFC

130A Alt + Big 3

Yeah you can run stock electrical on any amplifier, whether it's 10k or 2k. But if you dont have upgraded electrical then you're not going to get either if your alternator or battery supply cant support the current that the amp requires to run. If your alternator has a maximum 130A output, and you're trying to use the Q1-2200, you're not going to get 2000watts, let alone the 2200 advertised at 1ohm. It takes power to make power. You have to account for your cars stock electronics pulling from the alternator while running, and add that to how much your amp is going to pull. So all of those "amps that do the same performance on stock electrical" as previously stated, is false, with stock electrical being the typically stock 90A-130A alternators that are on most vehicles.

Just to clear everyone's head. The q3500.1 is the only one that will go into 9.5 volts without the protect light flashing. It will still do over 2500rms at 9.5v BTW. Also, too those that said they need beefy electrical is wrong. These will put out more power using less current then a RF2500BDCP. 85% efficiency ftw. I have a crap load of lower powered amps that can fuck my voltage more then the q3500.1 for example,brz2400/RF2500.1/sound stream rubi2500.

If i came off as saying you need "beefy" electrical for the ~2000watts you get from the 2200D (depending on impedance) then i did not mean to. I apologize if i came off that way. I just mean that you're going to need a supply of power that can handle the steady draw that an amplifier requires, as well as the rest of the car, such as an upgraded alternator, otherwise you'll have voltage drop, and wont be receiving the advertised 2200 watts at 14.4v. Or whatever other wattage you want to receive from your amp that your "power supply" can not support with everything it has to power added together. IMO, 2000W is where you should be looking for an upgraded alternator or second battery at least. I prefer steady voltage over dropping voltage

I was planning on buying a soundqubed 2200D, but if i have to get a HO alternator to run it fuck that i would rather spend the money on a more efficient amp what do you guys think? If I already have a 3100d battery with the big 3 done and going to buy a 950 would i be ok without the HO alternator. I have a stock 100amp alternator.

is their 4 channel a good buy? I was planning on getting their 120.4 as well, but i don't know anymore you guys kind of swayed me.

Archived