1999 Chevrolet Blazer - Stereo Integrity, Ground Zero, Soundstream

Damn, no love huh?

Well, been working on the amp rack. Got both amps figured out, mounting holes drilled and test-mounted, power wire holes drilled and routed, just waiting on fans now to measure and cut holes for before I start to stain the top piece.
F9AE37FF-671F-4A93-BD35-72CB5EF0F6F7-241
Also got it mounted on hinges and latches. Used butterfly latches, pretty much the only latches I know of that I trust not to eventually rattle loose.
E6B8D0BA-1885-43E7-8CB7-6088851ECEFD-241
F84BB0EF-BEAF-4E31-A513-5B39128DE53E-241
A77725EF-7ED8-467E-B544-BA6674A8DC84-241
4957CDDA-A67A-4441-9B08-913227ECB98E-241
Thinkin about getting some hood or trunk gas springs, not sure yet. Probably will just use a strap or something to keep it from going too far over.
I'm positive I'm staining the top a nice dark brown, still undecided on the bottom, will probably just carpet.
"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

That is some of the cleanest work ive seen for some time.

You do great great work. And, yet another blazer... and, even the same year..... ;)

Well done man.. well done.. Id LOVE to see where this goes, and wish you the best of luck.

Go get it..

Nice equipment! Is the tuning on the PR's adjustable by adding/removing weights on the studs that are attatched to the backs of the spiders? I've done some research on PR's and always have been curious on how they would do with cabin gain thrown into the equation.

Also can you just t-tap into the power cable feeding the amp with the ammeter? I know it has to be in series but I'm not sure if has to be between the power cable and the amp. Seems like there would be a lot of current going through that little thing. Please correct my noobness if i'm wrong. lol!

Either way, looks good! :good:

04 Blazer Xtreme

HU: Kenwood KDC-MP235

Front Stage: Lanzar MX6C Components

Rear Stage: Lanzar MX693 6X9's

Sub Stage: (2) Obsidian 18 D2 V2

Mids / Highs Amp: Boston Acoustics GTA 704

Sub Amp: Boston Acoustics GTA 1000m

Optima Yellow Top (up front)

Singer 275A Alternator

Future Plans:

One More GTA 1000m (maybe)

More batteries

More runs of 1/0

Pioneer DEH-X7500S (on order)

You do great great work. And, yet another blazer... and, even the same year..... ;)

Well done man.. well done.. Id LOVE to see where this goes, and wish you the best of luck.

Go get it..

Thanks! I'm trying to make it real nice, plan on having this in there for a while. Might as well do it right the first time! :)

Nice equipment! Is the tuning on the PR's adjustable by adding/removing weights on the studs that are attatched to the backs of the spiders? I've done some research on PR's and always have been curious on how they would do with cabin gain thrown into the equation.

Also can you just t-tap into the power cable feeding the amp with the ammeter? I know it has to be in series but I'm not sure if has to be between the power cable and the amp. Seems like there would be a lot of current going through that little thing. Please correct my noobness if i'm wrong. lol!

Yes, you just add or remove weight on those studs on the back, in the form of washers (most PR's use washers and nuts). Not real sure how they would do with cabin gain, I would think they are pretty similar to a ported enclosure in that aspect.

For the ammeter, I have to use the shunt that's also pictured. That's a 500A 75mV shunt, so that shunt goes in series with whatever I am measuring (I will be attaching all my amp grounds to the ammeter, and the ammeter directly to the buss bar on my battery bank), and the ammeter is attached to both of those smaller leads. The shunt only allows 75mV across the smaller leads that the ammeter is connected to, while the rest of the current (up to 500A rated, but shouldn't be that much) travels across the shunt, and the ammeter just measures voltage drop across that connection (the ammeter has to match the shunt, so this is also a 75mV ammeter).

500A is wayyyyyyyy too much for a small meter like this lol. Most of these smaller ones, to include this one, are rated up to 10A or so without a shunt.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

Go get it..

Thanks! I'm trying to make it real nice, plan on having this in there for a while. Might as well do it right the first time! :)

Yes, you just add or remove weight on those studs on the back, in the form of washers (most PR's use washers and nuts). Not real sure how they would do with cabin gain, I would think they are pretty similar to a ported enclosure in that aspect.

For the ammeter, I have to use the shunt that's also pictured. That's a 500A 75mV shunt, so that shunt goes in series with whatever I am measuring (I will be attaching all my amp grounds to the ammeter, and the ammeter directly to the buss bar on my battery bank), and the ammeter is attached to both of those smaller leads. The shunt only allows 75mV across the smaller leads that the ammeter is connected to, while the rest of the current (up to 500A rated, but shouldn't be that much) travels across the shunt, and the ammeter just measures voltage drop across that connection (the ammeter has to match the shunt, so this is also a 75mV ammeter).

500A is wayyyyyyyy too much for a small meter like this lol. Most of these smaller ones, to include this one, are rated up to 10A or so without a shunt.

Ahh I see! I didn't even notice the shunt at 1st. Reading>me

04 Blazer Xtreme

HU: Kenwood KDC-MP235

Front Stage: Lanzar MX6C Components

Rear Stage: Lanzar MX693 6X9's

Sub Stage: (2) Obsidian 18 D2 V2

Mids / Highs Amp: Boston Acoustics GTA 704

Sub Amp: Boston Acoustics GTA 1000m

Optima Yellow Top (up front)

Singer 275A Alternator

Future Plans:

One More GTA 1000m (maybe)

More batteries

More runs of 1/0

Pioneer DEH-X7500S (on order)

Got my $100 worth of fans in from Newegg. 140mm fans, top will be pulling, side will be pushing out from box. Sorry, the pictures are a bit shoddy, it's da iPhone.

6B3D2851-5DC0-4A8A-A70C-241A3AF60F68-255

BF41AD17-45E8-4902-BC35-500C81C74627-255

I think the top is ready for stain after some light sanding. I was thinking about putting a voltage meter and the switches for the fans up there, but I think I'm going to keep it clean and put them on the sides. I think it would ruin the classic stained look.

Also, I LOVE this Craftsman Bolt-on kit. I've done all of this with the driver, jigsaw, and router attachments (besides the side cuts with a trim saw).

Dang man, love the fans for cooling, Love the bit about mosquitoes, LMAO. Looking good, you definitely been busy. New tools you getting serious now!

Where you get window tint done at?

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Dang man, love the fans for cooling, Love the bit about mosquitoes, LMAO. Looking good, you definitely been busy. New tools you getting serious now!

The mosquitoes are crazy as soon as the sun goes behind the building. I have until like 7 to work outside, because I am not working in 95*+ in pants lol.

I got the tint done at an authorized 3M installer near here. Place was called Precision Solar Tint.

The mosquitoes are crazy as soon as the sun goes behind the building. I have until like 7 to work outside, because I am not working in 95*+ in pants lol.

I got the tint done at an authorized 3M installer near here. Place was called Precision Solar Tint.

Cool man thanks. Yea they are horrible up here too. I work for 3M but we don't have installers like that up here, of course our tint laws are different I think, Wish we did have easier ways to get professional tint installed. I've done it myself but to me it's a PITA, either way looks great and with warranty even better.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Archived