Second Skin Audio

Brads Vs ScrewsVs Staples

Yes, brads, staples or screws basically all do the samething, hold the pieces together while the glue cures, the glue is what actually holds the pieces together, that's why we use wood glue.

I like to use screws with an unthreaded shank. But that's because I don't have clamps and using those screws act as a clamp. Then when I'm done take out the screws, fill in the holes

i use wood screws, same reason as snowdrifter. not having clamps sucks but the screws work great and i haven't had a leaky box yet, well besides a prefab i got for free. 2 t2d412 on a t1500.1 and the baffle was literally only held on by the carpet on the box by the time i got my box built for them.went to pull one of the subs out and saw that half of the baffle pulling up on the carper. cut the carpet around the whole baffle and picked up on the other sub and the whole baffle came up.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

to me screws are just a better choice. the thread bites into the wood and holds on.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Titebond II and wood clamps. With MDF the glue bond will be as strong as the MDF itself.

/thread

EDIT: as long as your cuts are tight.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Archived