recommended complete gaming computer??

also, i have to add... for a noobie to computers? if you don't want it built as it'll save you money? you can go to a website that let's you "build" it yourself. Like it'll give you options. "do you want this case, this case, this case, or this case? do you want this processor, this one, this one, or this one?" ect. You can then go find those parts on sites like newegg and do it yourself. Sometimes there is compatibility issues and TYPICALLY, going off one of those sites? will prevent compatibility issues.

i myself have a computer from stealthmachines.com and it's going on... I believe 3 or 4 years strong. I've had 1 hiccup and that was yesterday actually. Monitor went completely blank. turned off the desktop, turned back on, works perfect.

So yeah. I even called and talked to the owner lol. But, that was years ago.

Sheena = pedobear

realisticlly there could be several changes made, but if $2000 is a doable budget, might as well spend it to the last cent :D

Honestly, current gaming, web surfing, video watching/editing, etc 32 gigs of ram is over kill, you could drop that back to 16gb and save 75-15b0ucks on that. again, ram speeds, timings are going to be a big limiting factor

since the SSD drive is mainly for a boot drive, to speed up windows, you dont need a 256gb drive, you can drop down to a 80-120ish gb drive and again save 50-100$ (depending on the speeds of the ssd you go with. Samsung has some nice top notch SSDs out too right now that where on sale. Tho with a larger ssd you can put your larger more demanding programs on that as well, but they really dont load any faster on a ssd vs a sata 3/6 drive.

I think that would be about all I would want to cut back on, which could be enough of a difference for a 700 series video card, or maybe something like 2 670s or 680s in sli.

Also being that he is wanting to use his tv for a monitor for now, then you will be at a 1080 res, so you wont be running any uber high resolution like some of the new monitors run since the tv wont support anything that high even with running it through hdmi, so that will lighten up the gpu load on the card a good bit. Which is my main reason for not going all out on a graphics card.

of coarse, if you wanted to spend 2-3 times more money for a slower processor you could easily buy intel, but i wouldnt be happy with anything lower then a i7 personally, and really with the AMD boards supporting SLI again i feel no personally need to buy a intel chipset. Sadly when i bought my current mobo, it was crossfire only, unless i run just one card then it can be a nvidia product.

Also, Im one that likes metal/aluminum cases, I buy for performance not looks.. I love lianli cases, but get expensive quick, felt the corsair was a great sleek powerful case tho.

also, i have to add... for a noobie to computers? if you don't want it built as it'll save you money? you can go to a website that let's you "build" it yourself. Like it'll give you options. "do you want this case, this case, this case, or this case? do you want this processor, this one, this one, or this one?" ect. You can then go find those parts on sites like newegg and do it yourself. Sometimes there is compatibility issues and TYPICALLY, going off one of those sites? will prevent compatibility issues.

i myself have a computer from stealthmachines.com and it's going on... I believe 3 or 4 years strong. I've had 1 hiccup and that was yesterday actually. Monitor went completely blank. turned off the desktop, turned back on, works perfect.

So yeah. I even called and talked to the owner lol. But, that was years ago.

yeah, ive looked at sites to "have it built" but it has seemed cheaper to build it urself, worst comes to worse, I live 3 hours from Audiofanaticz so maybe I could stop by for help after I am able to get the parts together if he doesn't mind, otherwise there are lots of videos and I do have a pretty clean apartment (its kind of a mess) but not a lot of dust or dirt, just need a place to sit and work a bit :P

plus I just remembered a buddy of mine in town here built his own computer up (using scrap parts from his first desktop and a new video card and a few other things)

Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/152368-littlebuck1919s-feedback/#entry2177586

i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

6/18/82 - 4/17/12

R.I.P. to my sister Shana

i guess my main question right off the top of my head would be: how would I go about getting the operating system on it?? just put the disk in when its all assembled?

Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/152368-littlebuck1919s-feedback/#entry2177586

i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

6/18/82 - 4/17/12

The only place I know to look is ibuypower.com

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

The only place I know to look is ibuypower.com

a computer with similar stuff is approx. an extra $600 (well, about $500 if you take away the windows 7 Home Premium OS)

6/18/82 - 4/17/12

i guess my main question right off the top of my head would be: how would I go about getting the operating system on it?? just put the disk in when its all assembled?

Pretty much. Though I think downloading the ISO online from MS is cheaper and you can put it on USB, doing it that way takes about 15 minutes to install Windows 7/8

intel > amd. intel is slower LOL what a joke. amd uses cheaper silicon and thus makes a cheaper product. my buddy cant even overclock his base 3.3ghz 1100t (black edition, literally made to do that sort of shit) at all without the pc shutting off due to hitting the ridiculously low 62c thermal limit. i overclocked my 3.3ghz 2500k to 4.5ghz on air for daily and haven't had a single issue. we both have aftermarket coolers.

you pay for quality, you get quality. you pay for shitty silicon, you get shitty silicon. simple as that.

just because you see all those speed tests amd is pulling with an 8 core processor that has 7 of its cores disabled, doesn't mean its realistic. its identical to "who can build the biggest sub for show purposes only".

Archived