Sonic Electronix

you might be workin a minimum wage job, but your also probably still living with your parents so you can afford to blow your money on that stuff..i fucked up and bought a house at the age of 22 so i could get a headstart in life. i say i fucked up, id much rather be paying house payments and bills than livin at my parents at 22 lol. and i can do or say what i want, idc if people take me seriously or not. yes i might have 7k cash in my safe at all times, but like i said before, just because i have money doesnt mean im gonna let someone sell me some shit for a fucked up price and be ok with it. i have plenty of other things i have to spend money on besides my system..

not being rude at all, so dont take it that way.

2005 Lincoln Aviator

Pioneer AppRadio2

1/0 gauge wiring

Soundstream TX1.2000

2 Kicker L7 15'' subs

9 cu.ft. Dual Ported Super Bass ProBox

4.5 cu.ft. per sub

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you might be workin a minimum wage job, but your also probably still living with your parents so you can afford to blow your money on that stuff..i fucked up and bought a house at the age of 22 so i could get a headstart in life. i say i fucked up, id much rather be paying house payments and bills than livin at my parents at 22 lol. and i can do or say what i want, idc if people take me seriously or not. yes i might have 7k cash in my safe at all times, but like i said before, just because i have money doesnt mean im gonna let someone sell me some shit for a fucked up price and be ok with it. i have plenty of other things i have to spend money on besides my system..

not being rude at all, so dont take it that way.

I wouldn't say it's fucked up, unless you can't afford the mortgage. A head start on a (assuming) 15 or 30-year fixed-rate loan is probably the smartest move you can make right now. The only issue is timing the market I suppose, I can't say this was the best or worst time to buy. I don't know where you live so I can't assume much, but I know my biggest fear was having to get a place right out of college in the future. That's why I'm so glad my mom owns this house and bought when she did. It's worth 2x as much now, and when I move in I'll only need to pay $225,000 until I completely own a california house a few miles from the beach. I too have planned ahead, and already know how I expect to pay it off, because I'm paying my mom directly in order for the same mortgage price to remain, instead of me buying it and getting a new $840k mortgage) I think it's the most important choice young people make, because it has to be affordable, or else it can have disastrous effects later, especially if it damages your credit.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

I have to agree with my son (Orangejuiced) and AMI, you have to earn it bottom line! I have spent 20+ years in the customizing world and have only know a few people to get "sponsored" or discounted merchandise. One of my close friends built a fully custom civic back in the day that was on the cover of a EURO lowrider and that is what put him on the map, but the car was built using his own money. Once he proved himself to the customizing scene he put a portfolio together showing his work and his car that made the front cover. People and companies are not going to "throw" thousands of dollars of merchandise or even discounts to some average joe blow until you can prove you are on top of your game in this scene, including audio. I will say it has gotten a little easier now that audio and customizing are now more mainstream and appeal to a broader market. I tried myself back in the day and paid for renderings and even had my sponsored friend help me petition manufactures for a semi sponsorship/discount without much luck. The most I ever received was a discount from Optima batteries for yellow tops for $99, but I needed 10 of them and I was only mid 20's with a family and broke. :) All I can say is you have to sell yourself and come up with something that will "wow" the industry. If you can build a SEMA quality ride then you can pretty much guarantee that you will get something discounted or partially sponsored. I heard a saying back in college, NSTAAFL, No Such Thing As A Free Lunch. :) Put up the hard work, dedication, money, and time and you just might find yourself a sponsor. Peace

just like that stack of money you got there it didnt come off one job or paycheck you put a few dollars in the safe then a few more then a few more then by year 2 you got enough to post online to show everyone..you can do the same with speakers too if you know half the stuff about installing you dont have to spend double the price from a'shop' shop save up materials money parts wood carpeting materials everything you can use it later you dont have to get a whole pickup truck worth of equipment and put it in all at once.,

in the last 4 years i have made more then 12 an hour 40-50 hrs a week. ive got 3 kids and a wife to support. she worked for a total of about 2-3years ( out for maternity leave or not working to be at home for the kids) but she only averaged around 25hr a week 10 and hr. in the last 4 years i have had 2 different pairs of 10s 5-6 amps raning from 500-1500watts tons of wire and wood, sound deadener and more im sure of. all that on top of my families needs and wifes hobbies plus fun things for the kids and family outings.

point is you dont have to be rich to balance money.

if i was in your shoes i would put that 7k towards a custom box and other little small things for the car. spend something like 1-2k of it for finishing touches on the car to set it off from others. then use whats left to go to every comp within a 1day drive 1 way. get your name out there and be sure to represent what brands your using. hope for a sponsorship. or talk to a local shop and see if you spend x amount of money if you can x amount off with an agreement that you will go to every show in the state and send all you friends there. but thats just my opinion.

like i said before, i just about have a partial sponsorship after 2 years of buying equipment from a local shop in alaska and dealing directly with the owner and sales manager. i would send my friends there and they would tell them i told them to go there. my name was known at that shop by all the workers and other shops from me going to every comp in the state and getting 2nd and 1st place trophies. never getting less then a 2nd place trophy. the local shop started giving me a decent discount because they were making money off me sending people in there. i was in a sense advertising for them. its not exactly a full sponsorship but i get a 10-40% discount plus no shipping cost on a lot of stuff. im happy with that, i mean it would be nice to get some free stuff but oh well. i live 2000+ miles from them now and they are still willing to help me out because i still post things on their facebook about their employees and customer service. in the last year have had atleast 3-4 friends go in there and spend 1500-3000 each.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Not the greatest video, all sealed up. Took damn near 12 hours to upload a 1 minute video with my shitty Internet. Will upload more today

2005 Lincoln Aviator

Pioneer AppRadio2

1/0 gauge wiring

Soundstream TX1.2000

2 Kicker L7 15'' subs

4.5 cu.ft. per sub

Not the greatest video, all sealed up. Took damn near 12 hours to upload a 1 minute video with my shitty Internet. Will upload more today

trolls have been fed. flame suit activated, and now preparing for the influx of the flex-ometer and ear-ometer idiots who are going to tell what your truck will do in the meter, based on this video.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Video doesn't show really amount of flex. I have a couple more videos that show the flex that ill upload too. 3 layers of deadened on the rear hatch because the plastic on the inside broke so it was makin a noise quite similar to a blown sub.

2005 Lincoln Aviator

Pioneer AppRadio2

1/0 gauge wiring

Soundstream TX1.2000

2 Kicker L7 15'' subs

4.5 cu.ft. per sub

Archived