Tahoe 2013/2014/2015 RF, FI, XS, SQ, TM, etc...

Forgive me for not looking through all 24 pages, but as far as your electrical drop goes, it's almost definitely ground and not positive runs. You have a lot of grounds, but they are all to the same spot on the frame.

I would definitely add a front to rear ground run before you add a positive run. You have more than enough capacity for positive. Probably get a couple other opinions, but I have seen this exact issue before, and the front to rear ground run fixed it.

I like the amp/everything else rack/display as well. It's lookin really good, but you're right, there's just something missing. Maybe it's because it's bare wood that it looks weird.

Thanks. It's actually all carpeted in tan but yea, lol, I guess it does look like wood in the pictures. I remember reading a long time ago what things can fix front to rear voltage drop but couldn't remember what they were. I was looking for opinions on if this small of voltage drop was normal, or if it was little enough to not worry about it, but ideally I would like none.

Yes, all 4 grounds are very near each other on the frame. All 4 on different bolts but all 4 close to each other. Kind of sucks, I had a SHCA OFC 2/0 ground running front to back but removed it when I did the frame grounds....lol shit

oh well, thanks for the heads up! Will definitely mess with my grounds more! =)

EDIT: as far as the appearance of the amp racks missing something they are not wired up in the picture so maybe it's just lack of wires that we are used to seeing...?

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Forgive me for not looking through all 24 pages, but as far as your electrical drop goes, it's almost definitely ground and not positive runs. You have a lot of grounds, but they are all to the same spot on the frame.

I would definitely add a front to rear ground run before you add a positive run. You have more than enough capacity for positive. Probably get a couple other opinions, but I have seen this exact issue before, and the front to rear ground run fixed it.

I like the amp/everything else rack/display as well. It's lookin really good, but you're right, there's just something missing. Maybe it's because it's bare wood that it looks weird.

Thanks. It's actually all carpeted in tan but yea, lol, I guess it does look like wood in the pictures. I remember reading a long time ago what things can fix front to rear voltage drop but couldn't remember what they were. I was looking for opinions on if this small of voltage drop was normal, or if it was little enough to not worry about it, but ideally I would like none.

Yes, all 4 grounds are very near each other on the frame. All 4 on different bolts but all 4 close to each other. Kind of sucks, I had a SHCA OFC 2/0 ground running front to back but removed it when I did the frame grounds....lol shit

oh well, thanks for the heads up! Will definitely mess with my grounds more! =)

EDIT: as far as the appearance of the amp racks missing something they are not wired up in the picture so maybe it's just lack of wires that we are used to seeing...?

.1V really isn't an issue at all in my mind, it's all up to how OCD you might be lol. As long as both front and rear are dropping the same when you're pulling amps, then I wouldn't worry about it honestly. If you see the rear dropping more than the front though, that's when you know something's not right.

Yeah, might be the lack of wires that makes it that way. I see the tan now, thought it was just bare MDF before lol. Looks good though man, don't get me wrong.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

200 a pair. Saves time but you sure don't get much for as much as they cost.......

lol kind of old u know but the way I was reading it it seemed like they sold It as 200 for one and not a pair. Good to know man
That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

200 a pair. Saves time but you sure don't get much for as much as they cost.......

lol kind of old u know but the way I was reading it it seemed like they sold It as 200 for one and not a pair. Good to know man

No prob man, anything in my build no matter how old it is if you got a question just ask and I'll post what I know. thanks

I would buy them again though. They match perfectly and fit almost perfectly. I don't have a lot of time in life but I got a little extra money so to be able to buy these and they go right in with virtually no time or customizing is a win win for me.

I like running wires and building boxes and tuning and things of that nature but for fiber glassing and sanding, nah, I'll buy what I can, lol.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

• 2 weeks later...

It's been cool watching this since the beginning and seeing you learn and change your mind on things along the way. I am loving the amp rack. I wouldn't change a thing. (now that the tweets are gone! lol) :nuts:

Cool so any new updates with your build?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Looks great man a couple things I really liked. Alot of guys get either lazy or just dont care about detail and paint only the port, you didn't you painted entire inside of the box. Very professional! Second the last amp rack looked super sleek!

Not saying anything bad just asking a question, all those tweets in the back won't they mess with your staging quite a bit a possibly detract from the front stage giving you the best sound? I have never done so many tweets and never behind so stating the question to find out what you think.

Cool so any new updates with your build?

Not as of right now, waiting on buss bars from TM and DC Power alt with bracket. Then i can hook things up and tune and enjoy

Looks great man a couple things I really liked. Alot of guys get either lazy or just dont care about detail and paint only the port, you didn't you painted entire inside of the box. Very professional! Second the last amp rack looked super sleek!

Not saying anything bad just asking a question, all those tweets in the back won't they mess with your staging quite a bit a possibly detract from the front stage giving you the best sound? I have never done so many tweets and never behind so stating the question to find out what you think.

Thanks! Appreciate it! and yea, you are basically right. I removed the tweets for now (super tweets) and will start out with doors and kicks playing and go from there. May attempt tweets in A -pillar and most likely will add to the doors. Way down the road I may add something to the D-pillars where there were factory speakers if I don't wall it but that would be way after everything I am slowly working on now. I would like music from all around me, loud and clear type, no SQ type. IDk, the whole thing is trial and error as i go. Pretty much do something, change it, then do it again.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Had a little time today so I threw my batteries back in and temp wired up my subs. DD-1 the HU then the amps, then CC-1 for gain matching and setting LPF

No highs so it's annoying as shit (Kyle knows what it's like)

just did what I could in the time I had to hear these subs for the first time

EDIT: that distorting is not there in real life and it's annoying as fuck on the video, sorry about that, my camera apparently sucks.....

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Archived